Simplify hull/armor blocks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have an idea:

How about, you can only craft the hull blocks? As in, it will be color grey. However, when building, there will be an option to add color to the blocks your placing. For example, you have 1 hull block. You want it to be color blue. So, there will be an menu that will enable you which color the placed blocks will be. This will require paint. Say, you have blue paint in the inventory. When you place the hull block, it consumes both the hull block and the paint. What will be placed is blue hull. What if I take it off? Well, I think that it will make much more sense that the block you will get when you remove is not the hull and paint, but the painted version of the block.

tl;dr
    when placing a colored block, it consumes the paint and the hull block.
    when removing the block, you get the colored version instead of paint and hull.

Reactions: alterintel

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This would be good, especially if we get special unlimited-stack slots for paint on the side of our inventory or something.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have an idea:

How about, you can only craft the hull blocks? As in, it will be color grey. However, when building, there will be an option to add color to the blocks your placing. For example, you have 1 hull block. You want it to be color blue. So, there will be an menu that will enable you which color the placed blocks will be. This will require paint. Say, you have blue paint in the inventory. When you place the hull block, it consumes both the hull block and the paint. What will be placed is blue hull. What if I take it off? Well, I think that it will make much more sense that the block you will get when you remove is not the hull and paint, but the painted version of the block.

tl;dr
    when placing a colored block, it consumes the paint and the hull block.
    when removing the block, you get the colored version instead of paint and hull.
    In a way I like this. Perhaps there could be some "paint thinner" added as well to remove color from blocks. To me, this would be a good mod idea for the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    In a way I like this. Perhaps there could be some "paint thinner" added as well to remove color from blocks. To me, this would be a good mod idea for the game.
    Remove the paint but the paint can't be recovered? That'd make more sense for me.

Reactions: alterintel

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Remove the paint but the paint can't be recovered? That'd make more sense for me.
    Yep, because paint normally is not recovered in construction. If a board is replaced, it has to be repainted over. Also, if there is to be 1 type of hull that is painted on, then it would only complicate things if people also had all the colored versions of the block as well, and would kind of defeat the purpose of the simplicity the one block type creates.