Simplify block and ship creation, and resource gathering

Reaction score
    Currently if you want to load a ship into the game, you need to get an encyclopedia of resources to be able to create certain blocks. There is no reason to make it this complex. I'm not sure anyone finds it fun to keep track of the hundreds of block types and millions of blocks it takes to load into a blueprint.

I would propose only having a few resources, and instead of you having to give the shipyard exactly how many of each item you need to build the ship, have the shipyard allocate the resources accordingly by itself. Currently it takes too long to build a factory, and produce the blocks needed to build ships. Other than capsules being used as decorative items, I don't see the value in having all of these various resources.

It adds an unnecessary and tedious layer to the game. This is one of the biggest reasons at the beginning of the first mass exodus from the game as it went from purchasing a ship with purely credits to spending a whole weekend to get the resources needed to build a ship.

It may not need to be as simple as buying ships from credits, but why have it jump to the other extreme? It's fine that you are pretty much forced gather resources to build, but, how many people are going to be drawn to the game because of the number of resources that are needed to build a ship and the amount of effort it takes just to count the correct amount of each type of blocks needed in an endless list then go figure out what you are missing? Who are the masochists who want to spend an entire weekend just to get the resources needed instead of doing something more gratifying? This is supposed to be a game, not work.

Last edited:

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Currently it takes too long to build a factory
    Nobody needs to read any further than this.

Within about a minute of loading into any server, or single player world, you have not only the means, but the resources in range to craft a factory.

Edit: and secondly, if you have any experience with the game (as I see you do), then you can begin spawning ships within a very short timespace. So where is your arguement? - for newer players only? - Well, if they can suddenly spawn in any ship, this poses problems on all soerts of levels - from old hands simply griefing them to a more extreme extent than is currently possible to...

You know what, I cant be bothered.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I would propose only having a few resources, and instead of you having to give the shipyard exactly how many of each item you need to build the ship, have the shipyard allocate the resources accordingly by itself.
    If this was possible, we wouldn't need factories, just giant shipyards to build large chunks of blocks.

It adds an unnecessary and tedious layer to the game.
    As much as I agree that managing resources is quite tedious, I never found that it detracted from the game, instead adding another layer to it. And with the advent of cargo block sorting, it became much easier to manage presorted containers.

In the end though, it all boils down to how difficult Schema wants survival to be...

Reaction score
    Reminds me of someone...
    Anyways, I have to agree with the last two.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Strange I can get an auto factory up within about 10min of starting on a server and than start spawning fleets of miners not long after that. >.>

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I find myself repeating this- The solution to factories being tedious - insofar as they actually are - is not removing factories.

It is a point lost on many. I've argued against this exact same suggestion at least once before, even.