Simple way to retrieve AI fighters

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hey guys, I had an idea recently on how to easily implement a way to retrieve AI fighters. Basically, you'd click a "retrieve" button on the AI page, and all the vessels that were docked to you would fly to your location. Then, they'd zap your ship with a docking beam and be instantly teleported to the last place they were docked. What do you all think?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    ... Has been suggested so many times before ... not gonna say 'yeah I want that' every single time I see another suggestion which is exactly the same as the other ...

._.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It is a good idea. I'm sure that eventually it'll happen.

I think my favorite so far is having a Bobby Control Module to quickly issue commands to all Bobby's tied to it. Activate it in the quickbar to pull up a window, then check a box on how you want those ships to respond. It was something like this.

Attack at Will: engage any hostiles and fight until destroyed.
    Defend Mothership: Only attack ships that are attacking the ship to which they normally dock.
    Attack My Target: engage only the hostile which the mother ship is attacking (or the last ship the mother ship attacked).
    Hover: Follow the mothership, circling at a fixed distance. Do not engage enemies.
    Dock: Return to normal docking point.
    Launch: Undock and begin hovering around mothership.

Reactions: jayman38

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My favourite is: you fire your docking beam from a cockpit behind a dock at a much smaller ship or cargo container and it will dock there.

But I like the AI option too, cause it is more versatile.

Reaction score
    If you're looking for ways to get this done with what we've got, setup a Pull Effect computer on your 'mother ship' and tractor-beam them back inside your hanger. It makes life a lot easier than having to fly out and retrieve each one individually!

With how awesome a lot of the updates have been so far, I'm expecting to see changes to the AI system being released in the near future / 2015.

~CR~

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you're looking for ways to get this done with what we've got, setup a Pull Effect computer on your 'mother ship' and tractor-beam them back inside your hanger. It makes life a lot easier than having to fly out and retrieve each one individually!

With how awesome a lot of the updates have been so far, I'm expecting to see changes to the AI system being released in the near future / 2015.

~CR~
    Collision damage
    Lag
    No Auto-docking.

Would like the ability to dock a ship (you own) through the parent ship by activating a logic block while the ship you wanna dock is inside your docking box.

Reactions: jayman38