Simple Scrolling Banner/Sign Demo

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Figured while I was putting up demo builds for stuff, I might as well do one that is honestly a lot more simple than most people think it is, the scrolling banner marquee.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

There are a couple of different ways to do this, but this is the one I like to use. No clocks or flipflops, just some basic logic.

Concept is pretty simple. Your display lights are all triggered off of delay blocks right behind them, which are linked in sequence. On the other end, you've got a wall of activator blocks that you use to spell out your message, which are backed in AND blocks. All of which is sitting on another row of sequenced delays.

Activator AND delay = send the signal off to that stack of OR blocks, and the ORs sends it off to the first column of the sign.

Then there's just some delays to put a space between your scroll, and a simple "If this activator is on, start the loop over again" setup that serves as an on/off switch.

---

Wanna get extra fancy? Instead of using lights, hide the OR blocks underground and use force fields. Make scrolling popup holograms!

Attachments

Last edited: