Simple Logic Request Thread

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I see a lot of people, even otherwise experienced builders, asking for help with simple logic and rail devices. This thread is for those people; if you want me to help you understand how a logic or rail device works, or even just build the whole thing for you then simply post a comment below detailing your issue/request and I'll help you as soon as I can.

Requests will have a download link to their device posted here and they will be notified in a reply to their post.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmm, well.

I will volunteer.

I need a 4-6 barrel rotating missile launcher based on logic, but never know how to build it.

Preferably based on rapid dumbfire.

xd

I would like to know how to make 1 and a sample if possible. :p

*Not sure if this count as simple.... For me, logic is a mind-jumbling mess. :p

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    All you'd really need to do for a four barrel is put them all on one entity on a rotor on another entity. Have the mothership spin them at 90 deg intervals, count how many times it's spun with a flipflop clock and use wireless logic to fire the appropriate one.
    Six barrels is difficult because of the angles SM supports, it wouldn't ever really look right unless you played around a ton with rail speed and a few other tricks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    All you'd really need to do for a four barrel is put them all on one entity on a rotor on another entity. Have the mothership spin them at 90 deg intervals, count how many times it's spun with a flipflop clock and use wireless logic to fire the appropriate one.
    Six barrels is difficult because of the angles SM supports, it wouldn't ever really look right unless you played around a ton with rail speed and a few other tricks.

Ahh, oko.

The thing is I want a Vulcan cannon style missile launcher as well as learning how to build one, and I think atra made one already. :p

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ahh, oko.

The thing is I want a Vulcan cannon style missile launcher as well as learning how to build one, and I think atra made one already. :p
    Yeah, she did.

If you dissect it though all it is is three entities, a fast clock and a counter.
    She has the mothership (obvious but I'll come back to it) a docked entity on the mothership on a rotor and a docked entity on the docked entity, on a rotor but rotated only one time to be 45deg off the first docked entity. It appears she uses a 45deg activation > not > activation > not clock to keep it going into a two block long flipflop chain (not sure how it works, I'd need one 3 long). Not sure what all of the nots are for, I would only really have to use three nots. Then she has that going into ands so they hit a single output, then they go to wireless logic on the docked entities corresponding with which missile is at the top.

Reactions: Rumcajz

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Was talking with someone about logic traps on a server and the idea of making a rapid fire Missile + Pulse came up as a topic and how deadly it could be. Is it possible to fire enough nukes fast enough to make it work? If so how'd you guys set this up? :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, she did.

If you dissect it though all it is is three entities, a fast clock and a counter.
    She has the mothership (obvious but I'll come back to it) a docked entity on the mothership on a rotor and a docked entity on the docked entity, on a rotor but rotated only one time to be 45deg off the first docked entity. It appears she uses a 45deg activation > not > activation > not clock to keep it going into a two block long flipflop chain (not sure how it works, I'd need one 3 long). Not sure what all of the nots are for, I would only really have to use three nots. Then she has that going into ands so they hit a single output, then they go to wireless logic on the docked entities corresponding with which missile is at the top.
    Layman term please.

My head is of explode.......

xD

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Layman term please.

My head is of explode.......

xD
    Clock makes counter go down, counter fires weapon xD
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438764321,1438764219][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Was talking with someone about logic traps on a server and the idea of making a rapid fire Missile + Pulse came up as a topic and how deadly it could be. Is it possible to fire enough nukes fast enough to make it work? If so how'd you guys set this up? :)
    It could work but it suffers from only being dumbfired, and locked to the ships position, so it can't effectively be used as an anti ship weapon.

Reactions: AtraUnam
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It could work but it suffers from only being dumbfired, and locked to the ships position, so it can't effectively be used as an anti ship weapon.
    Ahhhh, still dunno how to build it :(

Oh well, I will have to start trying hard :p

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well if used on a turret it wouldn't have this issue as bad. Just make it so the turret does the aiming and now it is no longer locked. Would mean the turret in question would be a huge target though.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    It appears Jaaskinal has been running the thread for me (much appreciated) apparently I've not been getting update prompts to replies to this thread so I'm just going to set it as my default bookmark for the SM website, sorry for any inconvenience, a few basic device will be added to the main post shortly.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Made it, it just doesn't work very well. Wireless logic connections are funky.
    Oh yeh I encountered that one, the problem lies in a bug with flip flops, what you do is attach a chain of 4 not-gates to each flip-flop and use their output for the counting circuit while ignoring the flip-flops themselves:
    So instead of this:

Use this:

Reactions: Jaaskinal

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Atra asked about a base ten counter in chat, this is what I made;

It's kindof weird, it's a sixteen counter but it sends a pulse on at ten and resets. I couldn't figure out how to get the counter to reset instantly, so unfortunately it's limited to ten high pulses in the time it takes for a full speed rail rotor to rotate 45°.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

My head continues to implode :p

Thanks for the help, I will try to mount it into a ship and test the result.

Hopefully I can join the Gatling gub club one day.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold

My head continues to implode :p

Thanks for the help, I will try to mount it into a ship and test the result.

Hopefully I can join the Gatling gub club one day.
    Would you like anything else made? I currently have a strong desire to make things and nothing to make.