Simple lighting quality option for specific objects. instant creepy effect.

Reaction score
    ok so, messing around with the ingame options i found that enabling the simple lighting quality option, basically makes all light sources not emit any light. this has an incredibly dramatic effect on the look of stations and ships. and this is a PERFECT look to make something look abandoned and scary.

so my suggestion is for this or a similar effect to be a togglable option for specific ships or stations (so you get the simple lighting effect on just that station and not the rest of the game) this would be great for map makeing and custom quests down the line. because you can basically take any build and instantly make it look abandonded and creepy. its such an effective way to make something seem ominious. (turn out the lights!)

here are some pics of my uber bright and colorful happy city with simple lighting enabled. as you can see its no longer so bright, colorful and most importantly....happy. this is a MUST feature for later down the line when we are able to start making our own custom quests. (creature infested abandoned city for the survival horror win!)

also this works for things that emit light that cant normally be turned off, like crystals or lava. adding to the over all creepy feel.