Simple addition to build mode mechanics

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    So, just remembered something that Guncraft featured that Starmade does not in its construction set.

The ability to press a hotkey and move your selection box in relation to the cursor.

Say, using the numpad while in advanced build mode to move your selection box forwards, backwards, left, right, up, down.

The obvious benefit to this is that suddenly copy/paste mechanics are a lot simpler to work with.

Rasor1911

Abusing Stealth since the dawn of time
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good idea, so you can move the 'selection box' around like we select sectors on the galaxy map?

Reactions: Winterhome

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Good idea, so you can move the 'selection box' around like we select sectors on the galaxy map?
    Yeah, I guess that's a good way of looking at it. But I'm thinking more along the lines of pressing a key and it moves the box away from the default corner placement config.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like this idea although I see one problem. As you said a good key binding for this would be the numpad. With this in mind, a solution for those of us without a numpad will be needed (Mac users and I think most people that are on laptops).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I like this idea although I see one problem. As you said a good key binding for this would be the numpad. With this in mind, a solution for those of us without a numpad will be needed (Mac users and I think most people that are on laptops).
    There are external numpads(And I have one although I have a normal keyboard[with numpad] on my lappy):cool:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't move when holding Ctrl for advanced build mode, so might we use WASDEQ to move placement cursor around, since it's already independent from your view angle and currently is moved along with mouse cursor?

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't move when holding Ctrl for advanced build mode, so might we use WASDEQ to move placement cursor around, since it's already independent from your view angle and currently is moved along with mouse cursor?
    That would work :)