Signs in Starmade

CES

Reaction score
    I would love to see some signs in Starmade. Impressive as it looks, making a sign out of hull blocks is very inconvenient, and I do not think it would take very much coding.

Reaction score
    Signs are always good to have and if possible just implement the ones from minecraft but made to look more like a monitor. +1

Reaction score
    there isnt even a need for a \"mostly air and a little sign\" block that you can pass through: just a \"monitor block\" that can be accessed and display a set number of lines of text with a set number of characters each.

would be crazy to have a monitor saying \"Hangar Bay\" next to my Hangar Bay door :3

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    +1

Block-signs take up too much space. Ofcourse, you can use color-codes - should it be possible to convert color codes to text via visor extensions?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Love it... and I was thinking about it yesterday...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be pretty cool if it was a holographic projector that you could adjust the size of the text with.

Reaction score
    Definatley needed, ones like these

They also need to add emblems, ones that you can stick on your wings and stuff, so it looks better than using the limited blocks they have... just a thought +1 [+9000 if it counts ;)]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I always thought that a block with 3D text in it would be awesome as a sign. It could be hung on the walls, ceilings, etc. Whatever. The largest issue, I think, is making it small but still visible, and not copying the likes of Minecraft and other such games.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    +1 to Holograms :)

Each block should be able to display 2x2 to 4x4 characters. The text could be stored as a grid-property.

But for performance reasons, I want them to only be visible from a short distance - especially if one block shows more than 1 character.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think we have the answer to our problems. Seriously, this is the best solution possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If this gets put in the game that would be great. How about this, the more signs/or whatever u have put together the bigger the overall sign is. U could have a 1 block sign for small things and X amount of signs for larger things

Reaction score
    Also make sure you can put them on storage containors because right now I have a pain of checkin what is in what, rather than just placing a sign telling me whats in it.