Signs are very needed

Reaction score
    It would be really helpful if you had signs in the game. It is a needed feautre so I can label my Plex Storage.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    BeetleBear came on my server once after we suggested it too him in chat. he said they are definetly coming but not for a while as they want them to be more than signs

Reaction score
    we could make it so that it is a screen. call it the plex static information display (plexsign). make one that can be connected to a ship or station that lists all the stats you see in build mode, call that one the plex dynamic information display (plexinfo).

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Also the title should be really needed, not very

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even if something is planned that they want to be more then mere signs, it would be nice to get some normal signs in the meantime. Or perhaps in addition to the eventual better-then-signs they have planned, for people who just want a low tech physical thing with words on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At the moment (I just started) I have a small row of plexstorage boxes, and I use the various colors of normal hull pieces to make it easier to find a specific box

As in, I have my small collection of hull pieces in plexstorage 1 brown...

but signs would be nice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah, even just a basic sign until they add whatever they eventually want in. Sorting loot is absolute chaos at the moment.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In a tutorial video (on factories) on youtube, the author had a unit of whatever was being created in that factory placed on top of it.

I suppose you could do this with plexstorage, but that would be one hell of a lot of storage boxes...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    No. make one for hulls, ores, weapons+cpus other ship things ect.

just put a block that relates to that storage above.

like an ore for the ores

a hull for the hulls

a random weapon for weapon+cpus

shield/power/power tank for other shi pthings

ect.

Reaction score
    It\'d be pretty cool of signs connected, like other blocks, and could be turned on/off. So outside a ship you can have a huge display panel with her name, and inside as little PlexSigns that serve as guides. Maybe give the option of choosing background color+font color, to keep things from getting dull.

Reaction score
    the signs is a good idea but unlike minecraft a wood sign is not fitting for space mabby a \"holo mesage\" that is more or less a sign but it has a blue backround is semi se truable and if walked tru desterst and gets blury and i can see this being a later on thing so i dont epect it soon if it duse hapen

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But should they load if you are close to them?

Just thinking about a capital with 1 sign per 100 blocks, 100 million mass ..

There could be a limit of X per ship if they load from distance.

My last and only info is, blocks currently have only 3 bytes ram (don\'t quote me on this though).