Shroom's Workshop - New Project

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey everyone!

Since i'm rather addicted to this game for several days now,i thought i should create myself a place where i can show/share my work and get some useful critics/tips etc. on it.

So,since i don't really know yet how to embed images into the forum,'ill link to my imgur album for now.

Carrier album:

http://imgur.com/a/XUqs5

Finally! My first big project is ready to be released! Took me a lot of effort and time to build it,but now it's finally done.

A warning though: I did not place any turrets or docking ports on the ship. My reason for doing so is that i thought that people would like to determine themselves how the weapons loadout of the ship should be. Same goes for the ship docking ports.

Now,on to the stats of the ship:

Class: Light Carrier

Type: Orion

Mass: 25241,2 (252412 Blocks)

Lenght: 390m

Height: 58m

Width: 94m

Power: 1406542,1 (1011500,8 e/sec)

Thrust: 15749,6

Shields: 528319 (10365 s/sec) Blocks: 16758 Reg: 4,0

Price: 225,568,497 Credits

Download Link: http://star-made.org/node/9489

Have fun and please let my now what you think about it!

Album of the newest project:

http://imgur.com/a/XnlH5

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Update on the carrier. Tried my hand at designing a bridge and started to cover the grey hull \"skeleton\" with hardened hull,but it\'s a PITA to fly to the shops and buy all of the stuff i need. Added a temporary weapon/salvager battery between the nose pieces.

Album has been updated with screenshots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sure thing. As soon as it is finished,i\'ll put it up for download.

The album has been updated with 2 more screenshots. Work on the hull is slow,but at least it\'s making progress.The engines are finished and i\'m quite satisfied with how it looks. Also discovered how to use the symmetry tool,so building became a lot less tedious.

I\'d like to hear some feedback on the coloring. Should i leave it as it is,or should i change anything?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Update on the carrier. The outer hull is now mostly done and after that,i\'ll likely begin with the design of the interior. I played around with a stupid looking logo,discovered the hardships of diagonal \"painting\" and did some changes to the bow of the ship. Due to the insane demand of blue and white hull pieces,i had to resort to build/buy cube ships,since the shops do not nearly have the amount in stock that i needed.

The album has been updated with new images.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Another update on the carrier. The hull has been completed and i tried my hand at designing a bridge,though i\'m not sure if it will stay that way or if it\'s too cramped. Perhaps i will change it.

Anyway,the album has been updated with new pictures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now that the hull is done,i have begun with designing the inside of the ship,working my way from the back to the front. Parts done so far are the engine rooms and the main reactor. Still looks a little bland,but perhaps i can come up with something to make it look better. Album has been updatet with new screenshots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Time for another update!

Finished up the main reactor,engines and started working on the shield generators. After the shields are done,i\'ll do the core room and crew quarters,mess hall,medical bay and recreational facility.

All in all,the carrier is coming along nicely,though i\'m not sure if i should include turrets in the upcoming download or not,since i read a lot about turrets being quite buggy at the moment.

Album has been updated with fresh screenshots.

P.S.: Does anybody know how to disable the goddamn chat windows for good? Cause every fu**ing time i try to write something,a f**cking chat window pops up and i end up writing in there instead of the thread -.-

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Minus them down, or even hit the X

In the upper right of the chat box when it is expanded...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Click on Chat then click on the status button (it\'s a green dot or something) and click the gray one to go offline.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you for the replies. Tried to click the green dot,but it didn\'t do anything for me except minimize the window,eich then poppep up again after a new message. After some tinkering with my adblocker,i somehow managed to block the chat from showing up entirely. Guess thats over with.

Anyway,finished the shield generators and the recreational area. Next will be the medical bay. Update screenshots follow later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright,another update incoming!

Finished the shields,the recreational area,ship core room and medical bay. Next step will be the mess hall and crew quarters.

Not sure if you guys knew this already,but you can turn lights on and off by pressing \"R\" while looking at them. Works with all lamps,including ice crystals. Maybe it works with lava too,gotta test that. Just something i wanted to share with everyone after i accidentally found out about it earlier.

Album has been updatet with new screenshots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Carrier Update.

Mess hall and crew quarters are done. All that is left to do,is the hangar bay.

Album has been updated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright,first half of the hangar is finished. I\'m not completely satisfied with the coloring,so i guess that is still subject to change. In case anyone is wondering as to what kind of craft you can park inside the hangar,i added a screenshot of a parked (but not yet docked) example craft. The small fighter bays are not everything the hangar offers though. You want to park something bigger inside? Go ahead,the middle has plenty of space to offer (see album for screenshots).

There are still some minor things to do after the hangar is finished,but you can expect a download either later today or tomorrow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright,time for a new project!

This time,it\'s a bit more massive than the last ship i\'ve built and it will take me considerably more time to finish it,but i\'ll try to get this done.

Have a look at this new album,dedicated to the new project and tell me what you think. http://imgur.com/a/XnlH5

Currently,the ship is only a skeleton and i still have to figure out where i want to place the turrets,but once that is done,i can truly begin to build this behemoth.

A small overlook over the measurements and the block count so far:

Lenght: 1060m

Height:190m

Width: 475m

Block count: 148123

Like in my last project,i will always update the album linked on the first post to keep it all tidy and in one place.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Started to build the engines,changed the initial design quite a bit and i think they turned out rather nice.

Also decided on where i want to put most of the turrets and once the building of the hull has progressed sufficiently,i\'ll decide where to put the rest.

Album in the first post has been updated. Feedback would be nice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Update Time!

Worked more on the rear section of the ship and added several hangar doors,tunnels and 2 hangar bays for repair drones. I\'ll add several of these drone hangars to certain parts of the ship for more realism. I think such a big ship would have several repair drone hangars to be able to repair battle damage on the fly without having to return to a shipyard.

I have also begun to define the bow of the ship a bit more by adding 4 hangars with lots of space and the beginnings of a secondary bridge. Several spots for turrets have been added to the bow aswell.

Album in the first post has been updated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Started working on the fighter/bomber drone hangars inside the bow,finished up the secondary bridge (it\'s only for the looks) and decided on the hull paint. Drone hangars are roughly 33% complete. Each row can hold 14 small fighters/bombers,per hangar 56 and all 4 of them together makes for a whopping 224 docks in total. Maybe i overdid it...

Anyway,the album in the first post has been updated.