show us your stations

Reaction score
    hello tacotown here i have been meaning to build a station for a while now and am interested in seeing what the SM community has built thanks

Reaction score
    this is still a WIP and has been postponed from development for now

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Not as impressive as Moraligus\'s, but he\'s not the only one who likes circles :)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It isn\'t done, and it\'s a ship, but I am building it as a home away from home.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am curious as to what the ships in the picture are. I havent seen them before.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    No, these are the new DFN mainline cruisers, the Valhalla class. 372m long, 5.2mil shields, 140k overall DPS, no power issues, three hangars, a full interior, extensive turret coverage, a high thrust:mass ratio, and they are possibly the absolute best ships that have been made by myself.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ugh.

Lol, nice job guys.

I\'ve never built a station before, only ships, although I did try a orbital defense station thingamajig, whihc was built off of a core so I could save it and buy it more easily. It failed.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My station is actually a defence platform since has a core and is only 300m in diameter.

Reaction score
    WIP Homebase and Corporate HQ

Initially built mostly from 2 salvaged regular station and some gifted white hardened hull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This was my last station. Shop building to the right (under the K10-Mart sign). Main station in the middle with biodome, river, lake and waterfalls. Factory floor under the bio-dome, and small ship hanger under the bottom. Defences and large ships docked to half asteroids randomly scattered around the sector.

The Yamato in the background is rather large. 862m long, 250m tall. Still under construction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey thanks, that means alot :)

It didnt turn out like i thought it would, that said i didnt really have a plan for it, just playing with circles

Reaction score
    Is that battleship thing an import? Or did you build it without colouring it, then go back to paint it after? Just wondering why most of it\'s purple.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The ship was made in RhinoCAD, then exported to binvox, then to SMedit. Changed to 1cr per block purple top stuff in SMedit (or sand). Used mainly as a pattern to get the dimensions and shape right in game. The symmetry of binvox/smedit ships is usually way off and you need to manually replace every block in game. Every ship you see at the station has been made in the same way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Amazing work, K10wN,

could you post pictures of the inside of the station biodome, to see details of the river, lake, waterfall, etc.? Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sorry, but that\'s the only screenshot I have. The universe is gone now, along with my millions of parts I had ready for sale at 30% of catalog prices and every recipe levelled right up. Wish I\'d gotten a few more now. Some of the parts of that station were painstaking (dome and torus ring in clear water - so hard to see).

After this I moved onto planet homebases (see the desert raceway in the extreme terraforming thread).