Show Shop Prices

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Would be nice if you can check the inventory and prices of a shop if you have seen it by just clicking on it on the map. A way for traders to keep an eye on the supply/demand areas of the galaxy.

Reactions: CyberTao

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Only issue I see with this is that I think the sectors would have to be loaded in order for the stock/prices to be available? Otherwise I like it, if you tack on something for player shops on servers where shops are rare.

Reaction score
    I just use display screens and keep track of the best priced shops, one for each system. if I find a better one I update it. with waypoints it will be even easier, although I'd like a data pad (like minecraft books) too, or a tab next to catalog that is notes and you can type in it

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I just use display screens and keep track of the best priced shops, one for each system. if I find a better one I update it. with waypoints it will be even easier, although I'd like a data pad (like minecraft books) too, or a tab next to catalog that is notes and you can type in it
    good idea. i just write on paper.

Reactions: Ravenskysong

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    perhaps some kind of stock exchange that we can pull up via a menu? kind of like in x3 albion prelude

Reactions: Aratar
    Reaction score
    good idea. i just write on paper.
    the problem with paper and text edit is just the multi tasking and the loosing, and the not having it if you play on another computer etc

stock exchange style would be cool, but maybe only with faction shops? there are a lot of trade stations, or maybe they are only added to the list once you have shopped there

Reaction score
    Perhaps just being able to see the Trading Guilds prices at all times would be best, assuming theirs are set to the same values everywhere, being able to see those prices at any time, especially when in a players shop so you can use it as a comparison, would be very nice.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I think this is a generally good idea. Reducing the load of making the server load sector after sector as 4-5 players surf shops though might necessitate it only be applied to Player-Owned shops... which wouldn't be terrible anyway, since it would improve the player economy.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Only issue I see with this is that I think the sectors would have to be loaded in order for the stock/prices to be available? Otherwise I like it, if you tack on something for player shops on servers where shops are rare.
    it could be saved from the last time a person previously loaded the sector. meaning the game will only have to load a spreadsheet of some sort with all the previous values.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    it could be saved from the last time a person previously loaded the sector. meaning the game will only have to load a spreadsheet of some sort with all the previous values.
    That would be perfect - just dump the shop's location and prices into the player's database every time it's visited.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422992969,1422992833][/DOUBLEPOST]This could tie in nicely with adding functionality to antennae as well; allowing a player's database to get price updates for any shop in their scan range.

Reactions: Aratar
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That would be perfect - just dump the shop's location and prices into the player's database every time it's visited.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422992969,1422992833][/DOUBLEPOST]This could tie in nicely with adding functionality to antennae as well; allowing a player's database to get price updates for any shop in their scan range.
    :D