Show me your turret designs!

Reaction score
    Hey guys,

I've been looking around for good designs for turrets, and haven't had much luck. I've come up with a couple of basic ones myself, but I feel like they could probably be much smaller and much more efficient than they are. In short, I'd like to see what you guys use for turrets, and how you construct them! Post screenshots and/or ideas below.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont have any at the moment, but most people dont know that you are allowed ONE block below the core. It doesnt have to be entirely Above the core. Pretty cool feature, it lets them look connected to the ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Any time I try this I get a \"NO BLOCKS ALLOWED HERE\" error. So does it only allow a single block, directly below the core?

Reaction score
    Ok here u can have 1 block under the turret but putting it closer to your ship is asking for your turret to glitch cuz at a point when your turret aims to high up it gets stuck there so adding another block underneath only makes that more likely to happen

Reaction score
    This is my greatest turret creation... You don\'t really want a blueprint because 8 of these that i have, will make the server lag on pirate attack :p I modified weapon computer on them to increase projectile speed and reload time, at cost of reducing range to ~500, roughly \"just\" full sector length... All 3 cannons do roughly 300 damage, and required a ton of power to sustain.

Basic idea was, if the AI keeps missing the targets, then make the bullet strays wider :p At least on close proximity that\'s true, not so much in range because they pinch down to same spot eventually. But still... i\'ve seen Isanth ship reduced down to 5 blocks until its core overheated.

edit: Ok, blueprint is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dl0drjlg3bpefd/trr2.sment

Reaction score
    If those two power lines are connected, disconnect them on the bottom and watch your power regen go way up. Assuming they are connected to the top that is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve tested this and it works, you can place 1 row of blocks under the core for turrets, but you must not be docked because the ship obviously prevents you from placing stuff.

Reaction score
    Actually connecting didn\'t help, but disconnecting the 2 powerlines going at mid-bottom on both sides, gained +1500 power regen. Now at 27515.3 e/sec

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Basically my new goto turret tesign. The things have good protection, deal enough damage to take out a block with one hit, and with their sister turrets, prove far too much for a band of isanths. They have 25 shield blocks each and only one generator, and are meant to pull energy from the ship when firing. Safe to say it makes the wolf super effective when dealing with mobs. PvP combat is a little more interesting, but essentially i can rely on them to deal with other players without me even having to keep a lock on.

Reaction score
    Yeah I said if they are connected, diconnect them so you have 2 vs 1 :) The reason you gain is because the two lines are symetrical, they don\'t get the bonus on each side, so while one side gets the bonus from being \"unique\", the other side only gets the 25e/sec boost per block. Making them separate allows for both sides to get the \"unique\" bonus.

Reaction score
    Dang those make it look all ugly :(, wish there was a way to have useful turrets without having them so big.... like if we could have most of the amcs inside the ship and then have them output to a turret.

Reaction score
    My turrets inhabiting Storm\'s end, dubbed stormturrets, they are triple barreled, shoot probably some over 10 times a second and hits about 450 a shot. The ship isn\'t done yet but it\'s your normal boxy mega battleship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Here is my best turret so far, it deals 959,737 damage per second, entirely self powered and with 3.15 million shields it is hard to take down

Only downside is that it\'s 401 m long. (planet size)

Stats:

That miniture one next to it is still 100m long.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    C\'mon Crusade. I tested this for you and it did 1.295 million DPS, not a measly 959k ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There was an update that nerfed it slightly lol. It still is the most powerful turret around thankfully :)