Show block coordinates in build mode

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The Structure tab info shows the coordinates (relative to the core) of a block which is part of each system/group. When trying to locate and fix isolated groups etc. it would be helpful if the coordinates of the looked-at block were displayed in build mode. It would also help if the coordinates of the core are changed to 0,0,0 instead of 8,8,8.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thank you! That will be very helpful as I still have a lot of update/repair work to do.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Look at a block in build mode and hold right shift, it will give you the block coordinates.
    I'm still learning new things in Starmade :) We need wiki describing every feature in this game, otherwise i'll just remain unaware of them until randomly finding info about them on the forum

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm still learning new things in Starmade :) We need wiki describing every feature in this game, otherwise i'll just remain unaware of them until randomly finding info about them on the forum
    I have no idea what version viewing block detail with right shift was added in. I only just discovered it last night.

Other key combinations you also may not know about:
    • Tab + g hides hud including annoying green markers around docks (great for taking screenshots while in build mode)
    • F11 is free camera mode. It's very much like moving around in build mode but you are faster and it can be used while an astronaut, downside is you cannot target anything.
    • Tab + F8 is an admin command that will let you directly teleport into the core of a selected ship (use at your own risk as it can have side effects)
    • F12 turns transparent blocks opaque

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I have no idea what version viewing block detail with right shift was added in. I only just discovered it last night.

Other key combinations you also may not know about:
    • Tab + g hides hud including annoying green markers around docks (great for taking screenshots while in build mode)
    • F11 is free camera mode. It's very much like moving around in build mode but you are faster and it can be used while an astronaut, downside is you cannot target anything.
    • Tab + F8 is an admin command that will let you directly teleport into the core of a selected ship (use at your own risk as it can have side effects)
    • F12 turns transparent blocks opaque

why did I not know of this till now??????