should i link my account to steam?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    i was wonder other day about this an thought i would ask
    so i have had this game afew yrs now an was wondering whats the pros of linking my game to steam just never thought to an it never came up as a must do or else an yes i have bought the game when i started afew yrs ago

Reaction score
    i was wonder other day about this an thought i would ask
    so i have had this game afew yrs now an was wondering whats the pros of linking my game to steam just never thought to an it never came up as a must do or else an yes i have bought the game when i started afew yrs ago
    You'd get access to Steam groups, the dunnowhatitscalled (workshop?) , and your Steam contacts get to see you play.
    On the other hand, Steam gets to see you play too, and if they decide to close your account for whatever reason, you may lose access to Starmade.
    I don't like Steam, so I don't use it myself, but if you do already anyway, I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The advantage is having starmade on steam. (Actually there is no difference to getting the demo, however the groups and possible chat/review access is only for the full game.)

The link to steam, does NOT downgrade your account on our registry.
    So our system still knows you bought the game, and you will be able to download and play via our site.

So if you use steam for other games already, it may be smoother to have it on steam and let steam manage most details of it.
    If you do not use steam at all, there is no real advantage, except the framework steam puts on the game.
    (Which does sometimes even cause issues and the game does not start anymore with the steam-overlay enabled.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Tracks your hours played and will make Starmade look more popular to any steam game tracking. There really is no downsides to doing it. Well steam does auto update which can bypass the normal updating process so that may be an issue for some.