Shop blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sometimes i wish i didn't have to go all the way to another sector just to buy a couple of hulls. There should be shop blocks for use in stations so that you can buy stuff from your base and so can anyone else. This would add a kind of economy to faction bases, so that each person could contribute specific products to the shop. When more blocks are placed adjacent to one another, the shop restocks faster and with more items!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can manufacture hulls with resources. There are two ways to do it with a particle press:

1 plextanium + 25 rock = 1 grey hull

OR

100 soil +100 rock + 1 protien 1000B = 5 grey hull

To make the protien:

1 science bottle + 1 mini cactus = 1 protien 1000B

To make the science bottle:

500 rock = 1 science bottle.

Of course... instead of traveling to another sector, you\'re mining and harvesting for materials.

Choose your poison! lol

EDIT

I misunderstood your basic suggestion. The shop block is a good idea, in that anyone can purchase from it, however, it should not automatically restock. The owning player or faction should stock it with items. Shops shouldn\'t automatically generate products out of nothing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having a mini-economy on each faction base would be nifty. Some players may be rich so they can donate credits to it (or maybe it comes with credits, as it\'s still technically owned by the trading guild?) while other players mine stuff and sell it to that block or buy some blocks they need from it. It could also be better for storing items than plexstorage arrays, it would auto sort items, presumably hold a near infinite amount of items. The only catch is that you have to make the buy/sell prices equal or you\'ll end up paying a \"storage fee\". If each faction could only see their specific store-block it could function as a sort of enderchest, or safe storage of items. If the block is destroyed go buy a new one and have access to the items again as they were actually stored in the faction data not the block.

If you could hook a factory, or several to it that would be even better.