Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Bloody awful

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would be nice if shipyards would replace any missing docked entities. So, if you BP a ship in with turrets and drones, when you lose them, coming back to the shipyard to repair your ship will also replace all of the turrets/drones that were previously missing. I'm not sure if this has already been added, since I haven't toyed with shipyards much, but if it isn't then this could be a temporary replacement to drones automatically re-docking. :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The shipyard is supposed to replace docked entities. At least docked turrets. It's just bugged.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ive still yet to try a shipyard out. im suprised that they dont.

Reaction score
    I've already tried this out, and it's a thing! As of the most recent StarMade version, docked entities using the rail-system are built in the shipyard already attached to the main ship and ready to go. However, old fashioned turrets and docks... really don't work at all. Those entities automatically spawn in almost half a sector away.

...Not sure if shipyards spawn in chain-docked rail entities (like a ship, it's turret, and it's barrel) but I don't see why it wouldn't. Will test and get back to that.

Reaction score
    Sorry for the double post, but I've tested out chain-docked entities. With the current version it seems a bit glitchy. my shipyard could build the accurately docked turrets on my ship, and some of the barrels, but some of them just up and went missing. When I changed sector, some of the barrels disappeared, but when I returned to the shipyard some of them popped back in. I reset the game and the glitch became permanent. [the missing barrels never came back] So, basically, it... kinda works, kinda doesn't. I'll look for a bug report and submit this if I can't find one.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Already implemented, I heard that there's still some issues with chain docked entities though. If it's really problematic I guess that you could deconstruct and reconstruct the ship, albeit that takes more time.