Shipyards completely unusable

Reaction score
    basically, there's all kinds of glitches with them, but the one I experienced today makes it completely useless. Basically, when I try to unload a loaded design, it stays on "unloading_design". After unloading the sector, it changes to "waiting for order" which would indicate that the design had indeed unloaded. But nope, the design is still there, and when I write click on the design item in the GUI, the only selectable option is "info".

Reaction score
    Shipyards are notoriously glitchy like that.

Sometimes it doesnt load designs because of "design overlaps with shipyard structure" even though the shipyard is way larger than needed, other times it just refuses to load at all without giving any actual error messages.

There are many glitches on unloading too, and sometimes you need to go and manually delete the anchor to get rid of the design because it won't unload otherwise. Then you need to spend time reinstalling the anchor, to get the shipyard going again.

Shipyards are a cool idea, but their implementation is just broken and glitchy. Hopefully the dev's are gonna do an overhaul on them in the future, because at the moment, they don't exactly work as intended.

G

GDPR 302420

The developers are well aware of the numerous bugs (and in the case of Vaygr, the numerous exploits) involving shipyards.

If I was a fanboy, I would say "Its an alpha game, give it time"

But I am not a fanboy who has fallen victim to the sunk cost fallacy so instead I am going to say: Don't hold your breath waiting for anything, shipyards included to be fixed.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Shipyards do have one good use. Dismantling damaged, unwanted or captured ships. But everything else seems to be bugged.