Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Simple as it sounds, to add a benefit to shipyards, allow moving cores inside of shipyard buildmode. There have been so many times where I see an interesting hallway or hangar design, and I want to start building my ship. But I loose interest because I gotta preplan where the core will go, and I gotta make the interior work with the design I had before I can even start building the thing I was inspired by in the first place. By the time I get the core room layed out, Ive already lost my spurt of inspiration. So I suggest:
    A radical way of approaching this suggestion- Allow ships to not start with a shipcore in the shipyard, instead make the core a block that has to be placed down. The design cannot be finished if there is not a core placed inside the ship. This way ships start free of the core and the core is placed whenever the builder finds it fitting to add the core.
    A less-radical approach: Ships in the shipyard start with a core as normal, however the builder is free to move the core to where ever he/she desires it, any time throughout the build process.
    This way there is a benifit to building in ship yards as right now I find it easier to build without a shipyard.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's not about "allow/deny" but "game performance" and "coding difficulty".

Perhaps :schema:will some day figure out how to avoid absolute placement and use relative placement.