Shipyard won't Ship. Yarrrrr!!!!!

Reaction score
    I created a new shipyard, one that looks like it should work. I created a design from a blueprint. Then it got stuck. I can't cancel the order or start a new one.

Destroying the shipyard computer leaves the design floating in place. Destroying the shipyard core makes the design go away. Rebuild shipyard, try again... same results. :/

[Edit: added imgur link. Not sure why the image isn't displaying.]

Also - when I alt-tab out of starmade, my taskbar won't go away. I don't prefer that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It sounds like you have encountered T752.

I'm not sure what is happening, but here are some thoughts that might help.

Are you certain you have all the blocks you need to construct your design? Missing even 1 block can stall the process at any point. If it doesn't have the block it will continuously try to pull it from linked storage/cargo and just get stuck.

Since a lot of block code is location based, it will just re-link the same 'system' if you put the computer back in the same spot. Try moving it to the side and see what happens.

Restart the server if you can, if not move a few sectors away and let it unload.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    your image isnt appearing because you linked the imgur page, not the picture directly.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I created a new shipyard, one that looks like it should work. I created a design from a blueprint. Then it got stuck. I can't cancel the order or start a new one.

Destroying the shipyard computer leaves the design floating in place. Destroying the shipyard core makes the design go away. Rebuild shipyard, try again... same results. :/

[Edit: added imgur link. Not sure why the image isn't displaying.]

Also - when I alt-tab out of starmade, my taskbar won't go away. I don't prefer that.
    I get this too sometimes. I've tried removing the shipyard computer, some shipyard modules, shipyard anchor.. and to no avail. The problem persists. What works for me *sometimes* is to simply exit the game, wait a minute for the sector to unload, and then restart the game. Sometimes the shipyard will start functioning just fine, and other times it keeps doing the same problem. But I have directed other players to try restarting the game, and a restart helped them out.

Here is a more complete list of step-by-step troubleshooting:
    1. First exit the game, wait a minute, and restart it, testing again.
    2. If that doesn't work, try moving the location of the shipyard anchor over a block (reconnecting things as necessary).
    3. If that doesn't work, try moving the shipyard computer over a block (reconnecting things as necessary). Then restart the game again, and test.
    4. If that doesn't work, try loading a different design. Restart the game if it doesn't work.
    5. If that doesn't work.. try creating a new design. And restart the game again..

If all of these steps fail to solve the issue and your shipyard is stubbornly broken, welcome to my world.

Reaction score
    I've stumbled into similar problems before.

AKA my shipyard was completely (Actually, still is) dysfunctional as it can get. If you spawn two of the same blueprint (Without modifying the originally produced vessel) in a shipyard, by constructing one vessel, moving it, and then loading the design again, the originally constructed vessel will become a hologram, and then disappear after the vessel at the shipyard is constructed.
    What a pain....

Reaction score
    I love the shipyard mechanic. It's brilliant and maybe one of the best innovations of this game, as a person who likes to strike a balance between creative and survival, and having wanted this in games like Robocraft (which I don't recommend at this time until they unbreak their economy).

I got mine working by restarting my server and trying again. And it's been fantastic. Until my next glitch! :P

I'm just very careful to back up my blueprints now.

Reaction score
    I've stumbled into similar problems before.

AKA my shipyard was completely (Actually, still is) dysfunctional as it can get. If you spawn two of the same blueprint (Without modifying the originally produced vessel) in a shipyard, by constructing one vessel, moving it, and then loading the design again, the originally constructed vessel will become a hologram, and then disappear after the vessel at the shipyard is constructed.
    What a pain....
    Same thing happens to me. But with any design as far as I can tell: build, logout, it's gone! At one point I built two identical vessels, worked fine, flew around in my fleet for 30 min just to have them disappear when they got left behind the fleet. Their names remained in the fleet list for awhile but when I went to the sector they were supposed to be in, I briefly saw the green hexagon marking their position, and then they disappeared...

Reaction score
    Same thing happens to me. But with any design as far as I can tell: build, logout, it's gone! At one point I built two identical vessels, worked fine, flew around in my fleet for 30 min just to have them disappear when they got left behind the fleet. Their names remained in the fleet list for awhile but when I went to the sector they were supposed to be in, I briefly saw the green hexagon marking their position, and then they disappeared...
    I can confirm all of that behavior. The best of it was having a drone docked to the drone carrier that looked like a hologram, right next to the one that looked normal. Was pretty freaky.

Worst part: I lost all those resources taken up by the ghost ship. :(