Shipyard Update

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schine/schema,

Can we please have the shipyard build the ship with whatever is available in the shipyard storage and then spawn it regardless of whether it's incomplete or not. Or at least have the option to do so or not.
    • This would allow a player to use what's there. Which is useful when starting out.
    • Also allows a player to build a ship if they're missing some obscure component like a plant or something useless.
    • You could also use the shipyard to build a shell
    • Or the reverse, just build the systems without a shell. So you can build a new shell around it.
    • Add in a feature to swap modules using a search and replace or select and replace on the BP itself, this would save build time also.
    On a different tangent, I've thought that the new Astrotech repair tool could pretty much be used in shipyards. You could have beams come from either the arches or some kind of turret. This method would be an alternative method to how shipyards operate at the moment.

It could be fun to integrate the new Astrotech compute/modules into shipyards. From a visual perspective.
    I've been thinking of build a repair yard using Astrotech, but not sure if it's feasible yet. I need to try it out.