Shipyard Moments ._.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Shipyards! Awesome, the moment I saw it released I tossed my cheesecake aside with quick speed and hurled myself at Starmade for the next couple hours. (Until sleep knocked me out at my pc)

So, to cut to the chase I've built the Shipyard about 3 times now and every time it just tells me I have "Unit Group Invalid, Must be in a C shape." So, I've torn this thing to pieces about 7 times and it still says the same error.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Do the modules have to be in a specific facing? Can the C not be a certain length?

Screenies

For now, I will halt construction. Thanks for reading the post and any advice or help is most welcome. Thank you!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I dont think the C shapes are supposed to be connected

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Howdy, try changing the blocks that are connecting the ribs together from shipyard blocks to hull or something else; I think those are the problem.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    They are most likely correct. With those connecting shipyard blocks its not a C shape.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, that solved one problem and created another XD Thanks for the help guys but here's my next one. I separated everything and added power and now I got a new error. "Unit Group Invalid for Unknown Reason." Screenshots will follow.

And by the way a huge thank you for your help guys, thank you thank you!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Do all the diagonaly placed blocks in the angles part of the C shape have a touching faces? Cause you can't just have the corners touching, if that's what you did.

What's the distance between your ribs btw?

Also, did you watch the update video? If not then do so right now :p

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If I remember it takes the special docking block of the shipyard to fully work as well but can't see what's going on other than maybe not enough power?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    All of the angled sections are connected like a staircase, every block is touching the next. Distance from each Rib is 5 blocks. The actual Shipyard structure blocks are 9 apart.

~Power, Currently is 2,028055 Recharging at 345,618e/sec The Shipyard uses about 250k.

I watched the video like a madman every time I was unsure I watched it, read the Cat God's post about the update and I have no clue why it says its still invalid for god knows what reason.

The weird thing is the text is appearing in completely empty space.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440173790,1440173579][/DOUBLEPOST]OMGOMGOMG problem solved.
    Wanna know what was wrong? Wait for it...

A Structure block hiding in the structure of the ribs.

>_>

I feel like Starmade's largest fool.. If you excuse me, I will now slink off to hide my shame.

:C

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I've made all sorts of mistakes like that, and started threads as a result. You are not alone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    "Unit Group Invalid, Must be in a C shape."

same problem here i just have one "C shape" done but it says must be in a C shape but it IS
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440261266,1440259594][/DOUBLEPOST]fixed my problem needed to connect the blocks right in the middle :P