Shipyard Implementation

Reaction score
    The shipyard is a thing that is seriously needed. Essentially what it is, is when you finish a ship you create a blueprint, then if you get damaged in battle you take it to shipyard and it repairs it for a cost.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This has definity been brought up before, and many people support the idea, myself included.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I remember something like that too, but anyway great idea i like it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That would be so usefull! Also the code could probebly be used with some sort of contoll block, that compares your current state to your saved state (the same way the ship yard would, before repair), and then give a little message whenever something gets damaged.

\"Hull breached\"

\"Power systems compramised. Operating at 50% of standard eficiency.\"

Which would be really awesome, I think, cause sometimes you cant tell when somethings been damaged, till its too late.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I do suggest the general concept of shipyards, this implementations is among the worst I\'ve seen. It\'s simplistic, has no time-consumption or delay of any kind, and worst of all, does not get rid of the worst issue with blueprints, that of directly converting credits to items, regardless of what rescources you otherwise have access to.

If this is to be done properly, it should only require energy, plus replacement blocks for those that are completely destroyed. Furthermore, ít needs to be done over time, preferably block-by-block, in order to avoid undesireable effects on combat stratergy. I\'m not sure how you suppose a yard like this is supposed to be constructed, so I\'ll leave that out

Reaction score
    I think this would work best if the shipyard block would be some kind of docking block.

You could either insert a blueprint item + the necessary blocks (just like with recipes and factory blocks) and build a ship like that, it would cost time, power and materials, or you could dock an existing ship to it, so it could be repaired/retro-fitted/whatever, as long as the necessary blocks are in the shipyard\'s inventory (would cost time, power and blocks as well).

Shipyard enhancers would increase the total size of a ship you could construct/repair.

Simple and efficient, right?

Reaction score
    I agree this would be an awesome idea but might be a bit hard to implament. Maybe there could be more then one of these shipyards because if there is only one and it takes some time to fix your ship as LupoCani says block by block whick will make sure that there is no wrongly placed blocks then there will be a traffic issue which will be very annoying for the players that are in a queue to get there ships fixed.

Also the sector it will be in has to have some kind of no kill or no damage on it to prevent kinds and trolls from shooting and damaging your ships even further.