Shipyard Button to complete ship early

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Simple idea: Just add a button to the shipyard computer that allows it to release the current in-production ship even if it isn't complete, as long as the ship core is constructed.

For background, I designed a ship and had the resources for EVERYTHING except one block type (cannon modules). I'd like to build it in its current state without most of the cannon modules without having to first deconstruct the ship, edit the design, and then re-construct it.

Reactions: winggar and Xskyth

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wouldn't you use the edit design option before telling the shipyard to build? You can edit the design and take out what you don't want and then construct it. You can even swap things out for something else.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yes, that's an option and that's what I had to do, but I think it would be a convenient option for cases like this. Fortunately this ship is ugly and simple so it was a quick fix.

Reaction score
    I'd like to see a popup along the lines of "Missing following materials: (Spoiler-esque hidden list here), Finish build anyway?". Especially once designs are attached to cores (As I hope will happen), allowing you to later add the missing blocks.
    Especially useful if you're building a ship and run out of that darn decorative plant crap again. Or, perhaps you're making a sort of tiered starting vessel. You start out by building with default materials/credits, and add on later, all with only one design.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A neat addition to this would be a table that links missing blocks to blocks you do have... You can leave it blank, to leave the missing blocks empty, or select an alternative block to replace them with. That way, if you have plenty of cannons but no missiles, your missile boat turns into a gun turret. And if you don't have warp inhibitors, you can add an extra jump drive. Or if you are missing x plant, you can replace it with a paint can or plant y. Etc. etc.