Shipyard Block Replace

Reaction score
    No idea if this has been suggested before...

When building from a blueprint, I think it would be real handy to be able to replace certain blocks in the blue print with other blocks. I just finished making a large turret with a grey outer shell, and so it looks very ....grey. Instead making a new one and then replacing each block with a different color, what if I could just replace them in the blueprint with, say, yellow blocks?

Also, I could change it in blueprint form from a missile turret to a cannon turret with the click of a button.

Thanks for reading...

Reactions: Nickizzy
    Reaction score
    Sure, for a few blocks. But if you have a large ship, or are trying to replace difficult to access blocks, this will be very time consuming.

Reaction score
    Makes sense, wouldn't hurt performance on multiplayer or create massive client lag from doing a massive sweeping block exchange on large ships/stations as you're just doing it from the blueprint.

On that note, I hope that add a system to spawning in station that limits the blocks per second in the same way as constructing a shipyard. People spawning stations from blueprints is a known potential server crippling action at the moment.