Ships keep getting stuck within the planet

Reaction score
    I have ships parked on the surface of my home planet. They are just a slab of grey hull boxes.

The issue is that every time I spawn the ships end up below the planet surface in between the core and other blocks. I had to dig in order to find one of them.

Is there any way that a routine can prevent ships from being getting stuck this way.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I have ships parked on the surface of my home planet. They are just a slab of grey hull boxes.

The issue is that every time I spawn the ships end up below the planet surface in between the core and other blocks. I had to dig in order to find one of them.

Is there any way that a routine can prevent ships from being getting stuck this way.
    Could you go to a remote sector or operate a shipyard?

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There are a lot of issues with planets and ships interacting; I don't know the specific cause of the one you're facing, though.

Have you tried docking your ships to the planet, rather than just dropping them onto its surface?

Reaction score
    Often times when I spawn a ship core on a planet, it glitches through and gets stuck in the core.
    I wouldn't suggest leaving undocked ships sitting on the planet though. It causes a lot of lag, even with a relatively small ship.
    You can use 100% stop effect if you want to land on a planet, but it seems to switch off if the sector gets unloaded. The best thing is to always dock them to the planet or leave them in orbit.

Reaction score
    Thank you so much for your answers. I haven't thought of creating a docking station on the planet. Although the space station would be the safest. I have the stop effect but the moment I get off the ship it is still going crazy.