Ships docked inside another ship destroyed.

Reaction score
    Not really sure where to post as this might not fall into the "Bug" catagory.

I was playing around with the latest release (0.14) and using one of my larger ships that has some fighters docked inside. During the battle I noticed the pirates were concentrating a lot of fire on turrets that were docked outside the ship. Many of those took serious damage. Which is fine and I will have to find better ways to shield them. When the battle was over I started inspecting the ship for damage. The hull of the ship is 2 to 3 layers thick of hardened hulls. There was no damage to the ship at all. I never lost shields but things go low enough that I expected there to be a few scratch and dents.

Inside one of my docking bays I found that my 4 small fighters had been damaged or destoryed outright.

I am guessing a missle hit but I don't know for sure. I would not even have an issue with them being damaged except for the fact that there was not scratch anywhere on the outter hull of the main ship. Just thought it was something that should be posted since docked ships inside another should not be targeted and destroyed like that.

If I get a chance today I will take pot shots at docked ships and see if I can make it happen again.

Other than that minor hiccup I am loving the update! Thanks!

Reaction score
    Bullets have been flying through walls for a long time, especially if you are moving (but it works on stations as well). have you ever noticed how after a battle you sometimes have holes in your ship that are completely surrounded by blocks? Its got to do with how often the game checks the position of the bullets/collisions between bullets and the ship. This also allows people to get spawncamped inside of their homebases right trough walls

Reaction score
    I have no doubt that you could be right. In this case though I have been in many many battles before the release and have not had this issue. Could just have been random luck I guess. The fact that none of the surrounding walls had any damage inside or out was what bothered me. Just the docked ships.

Reaction score
    That looks very much like a missile blast (as far as i can see, the angle at which the picture was might be hiding something) but yeah, i think the blast radius across different ships has increased (splash damage covers a pretty large area now)

Reaction score
    Yes a missle was what I thought also. I think I even watched them hit during the battle but my shields were up at the time so it didn\'t concern me much. You can see the large plexdoor way in the back. There is the same large door directly behind where I took the picture. So it is just a large long tube. The second ship is gone completely. The core must have gone critical. (would be cool to have cores do some damage when they blow. of course in this case that would have been bad.)

Reaction score
    If you want that to do damage, turn on collision damage and breakoff :p (performance might not be great)

Missiles can instatly overheat and destroy cores of small ships

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes missle damage radius is still passing through blocks sometimes.

There was a check added to make them only kill players on \"line of sight\" between pilot and rocket.
    This for every block would cost much cpu,
    so this surely seems to be related to a missle hit.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could a check be added for when a missile hits a shielded target, to only damage entities that it has line-of-sight to? Not checking something block-by-block, but only once per entity?