Ships disappearing after buying solution

Reaction score
    So I've noticed a lot of people have been having this issue where they buy a ship that they made in singleplayer to buy it and use it in multiplayer, but when they buy it shows up for, about 5 secs, and then disappears along with their money. The real problem is that no one seems to know what the problem is, let alone fix it. The problem is a corrupted file in the blueprints folder.

Now, how to fix this. I made a ship in single player and called it "Example", but when I went to the blueprints folder, I got something that looked like this:

UDIJueF1B2ZZdXlPcbHnZqO5G0tfN1o5BxVAJ.0.0.0.smd2

Now, most people don't know that it shouldn't look anything like that. What it should say is something like this:

ENTITY_SHIP_Example.0.0.0.smd2

So all you need to do to fix this is change the jumbled up numbers and letters to what I have shown, except replace the name Example with the name of your blueprint.

Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just putting the name of the blueprint such as \"Example.0.0.0.smd2\" seems to work as well

Reaction score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz5WCbQQBec

I literally cannot thank you enough for this. omgomgomgomg. i would have lost 30+ hours of work if not for this. when my capital ship wouldnt load i tried everything and it didnt work and it actually brought me to tears. i am so unbelievably happy right now.

you sir deserve a thousand dollar reward. and for the love of god moderators MAKE THIS A STICKY.

whew...

Reaction score
    lol thanks. I know I was pretty upset when this was happening to me, but I didn\'t think it was that much of a problem. However, after playing on numerous servers and there always being someone having this problem, I figured I should make a post about it to help everybody out.

Reaction score
    This isn\'t working for me .... I\'ve tried for so many different ships, not a single one will spawn for me, whether I change this file name or not. Even if I just save a Ship Core to the catalog, I get this stupid bug. I\'ve even tried completely deleting StarMade and re-downloading it, but still, I cannot spawn a ship from the catalog. It\'s really frustrating

Reaction score
    I have the same problem listed here, but this fix didn\'t work. It seems the ship DID spawn, as doing /search brings it up as being in the same sector as me, but it doesn\'t show up, either as a radar signal or as an actual ship. Is there any way of making the ship visible again? Or do I have to just spawn it again?