Ships costing in excess of 2.14 billion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if i have aship whose value should really be, say 4 billion, i could still buy that for just 2.14 billion, right?

This works under the premise that because the game can't caluculate values past 2.14 billion, then it doesnt matter how expensive your ship is if its over that amount right?

cause i tried loading a game that had a giant cube of L5 minerals in its local shop catalog, and, when loading the game, it crashed ( a -1 bug in single player). I suspect that this was because the ship cost more than 2.14billion (it was a big cube) and so the values became negative. When i deleted the ship from the local catalog, all became well and i was able to play the game as normal.

But does this mean that having a ship whose cost was more than 2.14 billion in your local shop catalog would crash your game?

Can it be fixed?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I mean, all that needs to be done is to alter the credit data value so that it has a higher cap, right?

If bits gets in the way somehow, then the alternative is to lower the cost of EVERYTHING, to say, 10% of what it currently is. Thereby allowing ships 10x as big (so about 2-3 times as long/wide/tall) to be built. Its not uncommon for games to have mostly-unnecessary 0s at the end of their currency costs. You see it a lot in online flash games actually, where you may get gold, points, or something along those lines, but never are able to increase or decrease it in incriments less then 100.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Easy fix, Schema should replace the credits datatype with long datatype.

Integer max value: 2,147,483,647

Long max value: 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/datatypes.html