Ships and Stations from Trailer

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I you can, how do you find the ships and stations from the Official StarMade Trailer? As it is actual game play, all of the stations and ships used in the video must be somewhere, I would especially like to find the one in the beginning with the elevator taking the ship up.

This being the video:

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Since everything is built in game, technically it doesn't need to be spawned into the vanilla universe. It's actual gameplay regardless of whether it spawns or not.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    after watching that trailer several times now i see that the station in the beginning appears to be some kind of chimera station composed of several other stations (most likely stitched together with copy/paste)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi, I'm looking for the ship or station structure that is in the shape of the Starmade logo at the end of the trailer. Is this available for download anywhere?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Hi, I'm looking for the ship or station structure that is in the shape of the Starmade logo at the end of the trailer. Is this available for download anywhere?

It appears to be some sort of massive Isanth. The shapes are extremely similar. Potential future pirate boss?

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This trailer was made pre-rails, and I think I remember reading that the elevator was a manually-piloted separate ship. However, now that we have rails, you should be able to re-make the elevator to actually work as shown in the trailer.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8

It appears to be some sort of massive Isanth. The shapes are extremely similar. Potential future pirate boss?
    A boss ship would be sweet! :)
    If not, some kind of important ship like a mother or capital.

Man, I didn't notice the shape similarity. Man that is awesome!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wow I downloaded the ship, which is basically a hull with nothing much. But wow, it is still a stunning design that I would like to see functional. When I have time, I think I will give it a go bring this ship to life. The only thing I'm stuck on is, how to move the core. It's placed in the centre standing on its own for all to shoot. :)

Reactions: Lecic

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow I downloaded the ship, which is basically a hull with nothing much. But wow, it is still a stunning design that I would like to see functional. When I have time, I think I will give it a go bring this ship to life. The only thing I'm stuck on is, how to move the core. It's placed in the centre standing on its own for all to shoot. :)
    You have two realistic options for an exposed/misplaced core. (There is one or two more, but these are workable in-game)
    1. Build an armored (blast-door?) shell as a room around the core
    2. Copy-paste chunks of the ship around the core to place the structure where you want in relation to the core.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just build a black part around that bit...

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was going to do as ithirahad mentioned and build a heavy armoured black centre piece.
    Was also thinking of building something illuminated to represent the star, but will see how I go.

Man, it's really bulky and heavy to move as it is. I wish there was a ship editing tool to replace all blocks of a particular type with another. Even if there was a way to edit/hack the sment file to do the same thing. :-/

Is there anything like this in production anywhere? I've tried SMEdit, but must be doing something wrong. I haven't had much success with it.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was going to do as ithirahad mentioned and build a heavy armoured black centre piece.
    Was also thinking of building something illuminated to represent the star, but will see how I go.
    Use a star-shaped hole in the black hull, fill with ice, put Parseen crystal under the ice, problem solved.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Use a star-shaped hole in the black hull, fill with ice, put Parseen crystal under the ice, problem solved.
    Was thinking of the crystal, but didn't think of using the ice. Hopefully I'll have time to play with this tonight. :)

ZXD

Reaction score
    hey, i want a blue print for the ship at 3:37 if any one found it pls give me a link to it. thank you

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, I haven't exactly built around the core like I was planning.

So far, all I've done is have a wee play with docking one of my ships with auto-drive, to send it off into space.
    Made a battle damaged version, which is the above flying through my server on its own.

Lately I've built a working cannon with recoil animation when launching missiles. Looks nice when operating outside the ship, but I didn't realise that the multiple docking would kill the 4 axis swivel capability of the platform.
    Another issue I have is alignment when docked within the ship. If it's off by a fraction, the mechanics don't work. :-(
    Anyone know how to perfectly align turrets on a set of rail turret axis?

It's made up of 3 components.
    Base - was planning to dock with a moving elevator platform to raise it above the ship for more range of movement.
    Shroud - that provides the tilting. NOT WORKING due to multiple docking issue. :-(
    Cannon Barrel - this slides on a horizontal set of rail basics to give the recoil effect.

Wireless logic control activates the recoil and fires the cannon missiles.

I think I'm going to have to keep it simple and just make the cannons capable of firing and not bother with the docked systems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439848865,1439848274][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, I forgot to mention one other issue I had, which I'm sure I can sort out.
    The cannon mount is too big to have working elevated cannons top and bottom, so I have to re-work this part.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    FOR OBSIDIAN CLEARANCE ONLY

***** Transmission intercepted *****

Pilot: "I've through the blockaded, approaching the secret facility now."
    Voice 1: "What do you see so far?"
    Pilot: "It looks like an Isanth Type Zero, but much larger. Over 100m in length. Hold on...you are not going to believe this, but it looks like this is only a battle-rider."
    Voice 2: "A battle-rider? Are you sure?"
    Pilot: "Yes, it has the attachments for one, and I detect no jump drives on-board."
    Voice 1: "This is way worse than we thought. Get out of there now!"

*** anti-matter cannon fire ***

Pilot: "Too late. Sending images now before they..."

*** anti-matter cannon sounds, then silence ***

Voice 2: "At least we have confirmation that the Isanth Corporation is finally catching in the modern universe of ship designs."
    Voice 1: "Yes, they've been the laughing stock of the shipyards for years. But not anymore..."

***** End of transmission *****

starmade-screenshot-0062.png starmade-screenshot-0063.png starmade-screenshot-0066.png

Reactions: Lecic

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8

***** Transmission intercepted *****

Pilot: "I've through the blockaded, approaching the secret facility now."
    Voice 1: "What do you see so far?"
    Pilot: "It looks like an Isanth Type Zero, but much larger. Over 100m in length. Hold on...you are not going to believe this, but it looks like this is only a battle-rider."
    Voice 2: "A battle-rider? Are you sure?"
    Pilot: "Yes, it has the attachments for one, and I detect no jump drives on-board."
    Voice 1: "This is way worse than we thought. Get out of there now!"

*** anti-matter cannon fire ***

Pilot: "Too late. Sending images now before they..."

*** anti-matter cannon sounds, then silence ***

Voice 2: "At least we have confirmation that the Isanth Corporation is finally catching in the modern universe of ship designs."
    Voice 1: "Yes, they've been the laughing stock of the shipyards for years. But not anymore..."

***** End of transmission *****

View attachment 14950 View attachment 14951 View attachment 14952
    Sweet.....! :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439933596,1439933402][/DOUBLEPOST]I found the problem with my cannon not moving. It was me not paying attention to where I was putting blocks and an alignment issue. I still have the issue with returning the cannon to it's resting position. I'm wrestling with whether to have the cannons turn in a synchronised fashion or let them go crazy independently, but with limitations to prevent them from colliding or crossing over.

Here's a video.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439933671][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sweet.....! :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439933596,1439933402][/DOUBLEPOST]I found the problem with my cannon not moving. It was me not paying attention to where I was putting blocks and an alignment issue. I still have the issue with returning the cannon to it's resting position. I'm wrestling with whether to have the cannons turn in a synchronised fashion or let them go crazy independently, but with limitations to prevent them from colliding or crossing over.

Here's a video.
    Oh yeah, for some reason the recoil is not working. I may have inadvertently removed logic, but will fix this.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439933707][/DOUBLEPOST]
    its actually this one,a 100m ish long custom ship made for the trailer.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/official-trailer-isanth-ship.2618/
    Did you build this ship?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you Lone_Puppy! A little late night, lack of sleep writing. That and just finished the latest Mike Shepherd book (Vicky Peterwald - Survivor.)

Glad you figured out about the turret. It is really impressive from watching the video. I like how you made that forward mount into a raising turret. Get's the old intimidation factor going. I do like the idea of simultaneous movement. As a bonus, I really like the lights on the side of the turret. (How did you do that? Please point me to a tutorial!!)

I hope you get the recoil going. It offers an extra level of believability to me, as you almost see it in every sci-fi show.

Yes, I'm pretty sure SkylordLuke made the original ship. You and me have been adding more to it, with very cool results. I like to think of it as two separate departments with a different outlook, like the YF-22 & YF-23 prototype planes (which I would have like the YF-23 to win, as it was way cooler!)