Ship Wreckage

Reaction score
    This might be because of the settings of the few servers settings I've played on, but I think it could use a change anyway.

Right now when you 'destroy' a ship, the core overheats and if it were a pirate ship it spits out a bunch of random blocks floating around in space. It's not bad, loot comes in handy for sure. And if your fast enough or the core overheat time is really long you can jump in the core and dismantle the ship for even more blocks. (Can really get of lot of good stuff if the server has custom pirates)

As for my suggestion: When you destroy a ship it leaves a sort of wreckage entity that can be opened like a storage block. Inside could be various parts from the host ship or just a randomly generated loot. At least this way would keep one from getting 90% of the ship if they got a lucky hit on the core leaving most of the ship intact.

Just an idea while it's fresh in my head. Playing too much EVE lately.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Already planned as far as I know.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Kinda sounds like the Press X to loot body feature games like farcry has. Not sure if that's the effect you want, but is what it sounds like to me.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Last I checked, you can also use salvage beams to pick a ship clean of all blocks except the core. However, that was several versions ago, so I may be wrong. I found salvaging to be an enjoyable way to grab whatever was left on the defeated ship without leaving mine.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Last I checked, you can also use salvage beams to pick a ship clean of all blocks except the core. However, that was several versions ago, so I may be wrong. I found salvaging to be an enjoyable way to grab whatever was left on the defeated ship without leaving mine.
    I can confirm that it's still possible. I made a ship dedicated to picking apart pirates (yay for combat salvagers!). I don't think that it should be changed until some additional PvE features are implemented though, as it'd completely ruin the little PvE fun there currently is to be had.