Ship-wide communication

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Apart from faction chat, a ship-wide chat would be useful for big ships with an actual crew.

Players within a few blocks range of the outer hull should be able to see the ship-wide chat, this way you could basically eavesdrop by flying very closely to the big ship.

Another interesting feature would be to scramble/replace characters from parts of messages if you're not really really close.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like your thinking but what would you do when your team mates are out of range? your idea has some good points but needs a little developing.

i think the introduction of squads and fleets would help with communication issues.

for example world of Warcraft has guild chat, public chat, part chat, and raid chat. if we did something along these lines it would let factions wage better organized battles without having people spam chat each other. it would also make it better for team mates to work together and quicker other wise you would be switching channels way too often.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As said it could use some fleshing out, but i would love to have ship chat only as well as those listed above. The reason for ship chat is when your in a super carrier itd be nice to just chat among ANYONE on or in your ship, not just those in your group. This could help if you want to take on a free loader who is willing to be a gunner for instance, but isnt in your group/faction/guild. (also, a lot of games have party limits, even raid limits, so it could bypass any \"not enough group slots\" problems).

Also, i dont think he means team mates, as you would likely be in a faction with them, i think he means just the ship in general. That way if you have an old friend who left and made his own faction can jcome aboard and talk without you having to announce your conversation to the whole sector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s not crew communication, but I understand what you mean and that should be asigned to actual crew and it would be easier to implement and leave ship-wide for announcements for passagers and anybody who\'s in the ship... expecially if prisoners would be possible, we wouldn\'t want them to know what where the ship is going and stuff like that.

But in this case it wouldn\'t be useful to eavesdrop on the ship-wide chat since nothing really important would be talked in there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have the gravitation module, or a module similar to it, link you to the ship, and allow you to use ship chat somewhat like faction chat.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about a new block that every crew member has to activate in order to be in the ships chat, it could be called a chat box, or something like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like what your saying about having randoms been able to join in on the fun and think its a great idea but introducing a new module may not always be the best answer. if you did add a new block to the game then when you entered the ship it would just be one extra thing that people would have to do every time they came on board. the other thing is that these blocks could be hard to spot or find depending on the build.

for this to work we will need to come up with a way for people to enter and leave a chat group without having to activate a module every time they entered and left the ship but also something the doesn\'t require people to be within range of the ship other wise you could have people in other near by ships been part of the chat. although this could be a good thing it could also be a bad thing when in a large battle or parked at a shop with several other ships. the chat could get rather messy.

the other option is to add it into the gravity module but not everyone uses those so that could also become a problem.

this idea should definitely be made part of the game but it still needs some refining.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We may experience some slight turbulence.... and then explode.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i got somthing to add te ship chat will be inthe 220m,686,345,m thing or what ever the ship is ing meter cubed any one in the box can take and any one out of the box can\'t so gun ternts or what not as long thay are not on the outer outer part of the ship like at the very back or frount or sides thay can you ship chat

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, new module not required, the chat should be either enabled when activating/deactivating gravity module (or inside another module of the ship like weapons computer) or just auto-detect if players are within 2-3 blocks of the hull... but that might be costly though, so gravity linked would be best since it\'s hard to nagivate a ship without it expecially if the ship decides to move xD