Ship VI

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey hey i got to thinking about an AI (or more properly known as a VI (Virtual Intelligence)) that can open up a GUI with targeting systems and can cordnate vast numbers of ships like a network. so if your in a faction you can build a mothership that has the VI inside it and if the other ships with the faction transponders have ship VI's aswell then you can give orders and formations to the networked ships.

I guess kinda like Cortana from Halo

Just an idea :P

???

Reaction score
    A.I is NOT the same as V.I they are both machines BUT A.I is capable of independent thought and does not need programming, it can also learn and adapt to things, where as V.I is simulated and is programed to act like it is inteligent when it is really just programing

so think of it this way an A.I is a very smart and unpredictable and may or may not choose to help you it will also have thoughts and feelings and will think about things it has done and will regret things it could have done it is basicaly a living machine if you upset it it will feel sad if you hurt it it will cry if you tell it a joke it will smile.

and a V.I is not as smart completely predictable and is programed to always help you will not feel bad about the people it has just killed it can not learn anything new unless you program that new information into it is not a living machine it is just a computer program.

this is a good idea though just do some research on your idea first please i\'m embarresed for you

what i would suggest is to allow both of them and let the player choose what ont to have

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Anyway, good idea op. Although i feel there should be a choice for manual control if something like this is implemented