Read by Council Ship Turning

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The current way the thrusters work doesn't really make sense. They are all facing one direction, yet you can turn and even strafe? How are those thrusters exerting sideways forces like that? I was thinking that we should be made to place sideways thrusters to allow us to turn and strafe.

With how slow large ships turn, this would allow those ships to turn faster depending on how many thrusters are placed on which sides. I think this makes more sense, and I was wondering if you had any plans to address this?

Sorry if a similar suggestion has already been made, I checked the megathread twice and I didn't see anything regarding the turning of ships so I decided to ask it myself.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    You're absolutely right. This should be addressed in my opinion.

I like the thrust settings the way they are, but think we should make thrusters face the correct direction to give thrust in that direction.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    This feedback in regard to thrust mechanics is common and should be added to the megathread (SkylordLuke) along with a few threads about tweaks to the current thrust system in general. Thanks for continuing to provide feedback on this topic though, it is certainly needed and to an extent I agree!