Ship Systems Clarification.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just curious if all my info is up to date or not, would love to know if I have out-of-date info regarding this topic...

Power reactors: L shape (In up to 6 directions from a single point) is equal to a block of the same dimensions up to a 1 million e/s cap, after the cap, placement does not matter as long as you don't interfere with the existing shapes

Power capacitors: If they're all connected to each other in one group, they are most efficient

Thrusters: If they're all connected to each other in one group, they are most efficient.
    Edit: Seems they do not matter how they are set up, their boost is the same.

Weapons: for more than one weapon, groups must not be adjacent. Otherwise, for a single weapon, they must all be connected. No efficiency combos exist.

Cloaker/Radarjammer: Must have a certain blocks/mass ratio to work efficiently.
    EDIT: I only need one of either, no efficiency set ups and the like.

Support weapon/support effect systems: As long as they're connected to their individual computers, they're fine. Grouping gives no bonus. (Also, Cannon support=Rapid fire, Missile support = shotgun effect, Beam support = extended range, and pulse support = 2-3x power, or more, I dunno, but it does a hell of a lot.)

Passive effect systems (Overdrive, ion, stop, etc.) : grouping does not matter, just as long as they are not used as a support to any weapons system.

Shield Capacitors/Rechargers, scanners, jump drives: Does not matter shaping.

Please inform me if I have something incorrect. I'm planning on refitting some of my older ships and don't wanna mess anything up...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just curious if all my info is up to date or not, would love to know if I have out-of-date info regarding this topic...
    • Radar and Cloak only needs the computer and enough power to run the effect. This is based on how many blocks your ship has. I forget the actual numbers though.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I am positive that thrusters do not give any benefit for being grouped together. I have noticed no difference if I connect them together or if they are apart in the same quantities. I have heard that they give diminishing returns though.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I am positive that thrusters do not give any benefit for being grouped together. I have noticed no difference if I connect them together or if they are apart in the same quantities. I have heard that they give diminishing returns though.
    Yeah this is my understanding as well. They currently have no group benefits, but there will be another trust change in the future so this may not always be the case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Radar and Cloak only needs the computer and enough power to run the effect. This is based on how many blocks your ship has. I forget the actual numbers though.
    Thank you both ^_^

I never was sure if it still worked how you needed a ton of jammers/cloakers, and the thrusters had me stumped for a while, so thanks!

If any more of my info is outdated, please let me know ^^;

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    the only time you have to worry about thrusters being grouped together is if the server has it so that thrust is calculated by the box dimension of the thruster modules

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    the only time you have to worry about thrusters being grouped together is if the server has it so that thrust is calculated by the box dimension of the thruster modules
    Is there a way to tell if it is enabled or not?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The L shape is not necessary for reactors. A straight line with the same number of blocks works just as well as an L, if that works better for your ship.