Bug Ship stuck inside planet core

Reaction score
    I run a private server for a few friends, and one of them recently encountered this bug. He used his jump drive on the way back from a mining venture and jumped to a planet's coordinates directly as we have done many times in the past. This time however, his ship ended up inside the planet's core (cannot dig down to it). I have tried all the admin commands I could find to teleport to it, but the best I can do is get myself stuck just outside the planet core under the crust, it will not let me inside the core to get in his ship. I did a /save /load on his ship to give it back to him, but now we run into a separate issue.

He was out mining for hours with storage modules on his ship tied to his salvage computer, and wants the ore/crystals he got during this time. Is there a way to either teleport his ship that is stuck in the planet out somewhere? If not, is there a way to open the .smd2 file of his ship that I pulled out from the server files, in order to see what items he had and /give them back to him? I did find this https://github.com/StarMade/SMTools/tree/master/Blueprint but I am not exactly sure how to use these scripts, as I am not familiar with Python myself.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Kinda a patchwork workaround, but you could save the sector with the export command, delete the planet to get at the ship, move it away and re-import the planet back onto that sector (once it has unloaded) and delete the trapped ship that'll come with the imported sector.

The worse that could happen is faction IDs mixing up, but admin commands should be able to fix that I think (Inserting yourself into faction, unfactioning and whatnot).

I dunno, just a thought. A very time consuming thought, but it's better than nothing xD

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Look at the ship. Target it. Press tab+F8. It is an admin command that places you inside the core. If the planet does not kill you then charge the jump drive and warp out.

Reaction score
    Thank you Vanhelzing! this worked perfectly! Is there a list somewhere of admin keybinds such as that? I dont see it listed in the keyboard.cfg file.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I think that may be one if not the only keybind like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Look at the ship. Target it. Press tab+F8. It is an admin command that places you inside the core. If the planet does not kill you then charge the jump drive and warp out.
    Thank you so much, this got one of my best ships out of the center <3

Reactions: Criss