Read by Council Ship stat editor commands

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think that we should have a set of admin commands that can be used to edit all of a ships various stats. The main use of these would be for RP and replica ships as a way to make them perform how they are supposed to. A prime example of what these would be good for is the new Star Destroyer that SkylordLuke is working on. He plans to make all of the systems be inside casings to look like how they do in diagrams of the ship, I.E reactor modules inside a big casing that looks like an actual Star Destroyer reactor. I commend him for trying this, I once tried something similar and lost patience very quickly. But building a ship like this means that it will never perform as well as more conventionally built ships. With these commands, he could edit the thrust, power output, weapon damage, E.C.T. The edited stats would be saved in the blueprint, and when the ship is admin loaded, there will be an option to spawn it with edited stats, and server admins can, if the choose, allow ships built from blueprints to have these edited stats as well (mostly for RP servers.)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like this, but then you should also pay for resources of a similar-efficient ship.
    I imagine a booster-storage-block where you can put in raw materials to boost the efficiency of the chunk / nearby systems.

But you couldn't boost a doom-cube because it already is boosted to the maximum possible by how it is built.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like this, but then you should also pay for resources of a similar-efficient ship.
    I imagine a booster-storage-block where you can put in raw materials to boost the efficiency of the chunk / nearby systems.

But you couldn't boost a doom-cube because it already is boosted to the maximum possible by how it is built.
    It isn't really supposed to be balanced, in fact the point is to allow people with admin powers to break balance for roleplay and various projects. I was imagining that on a server with blueprints that had edited stats, the idea would be to encourage players to use existing classes of ship, on a server that is more about roleplay and interactions between players than ship building. It could also be useful for themed servers, for instance a Star Wars server. Admins could download a bunch of Star Wars ships, give them appropriate stats, and allow players on the server to use them.

Reaction score
    Definitely for this. Added cheats will be very useful for having some crazy rp battles with a few friends. I can already see the wheels turning in my head.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was almost on-board, until I realized that this would be mostly used for matching up ships from similar franchises. Then I realized that a per-blueprint system setting wouldn't be necessary. Instead, per-franchise server configs need to be standardized, primarily based on the 1:1 scaled franchise blueprints available currently in Community Content.

Examples with semi-random values:

For Star Wars, a thruster block generates 100x more thrust with 80% rotation thrust multiplier, a power block generates 15k e/s, storage block holds 1M e, 1 shield regenerator builds up 500k s/s, 1 shield store holds 100k s, cannons use half the power and half the additional-group multiplier (to encourage blasters over deathstar lasers), etc.

For Star Trek, a thruster block generates 1k more thrust with 99% rotation thrust multiplier, a power block generates 5,000 e/s, storage block holds 10k e, 1 shield regenerator builds up 10k s/s, 1 shield store holds 100k s, beams and missiles use half the power and 0.9 distance to encourage phasers and torpedoes, etc.

For BSG..., For Lost In Space... For Space 1999... For Halo... etc.

Reactions: jgames666

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If admins do it, it's OK.
    But nonetheless I would like a boost-box editable in shipyards only :)

Support for this feature should be added anyway though.

jayman38
    OK, maybe selectable block-stat templates for each ship based on theme?
    Admins could then accept or decline the use of the template for the ship but it would be easier to test it in singleplayer.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    I was almost on-board, until I realized that this would be mostly used for matching up ships from similar franchises. Then I realized that a per-blueprint system setting wouldn't be necessary. Instead, per-franchise server configs need to be standardized, primarily based on the 1:1 scaled franchise blueprints available currently in Community Content.

Examples with semi-random values:

For Star Wars, a thruster block generates 100x more thrust with 80% rotation thrust multiplier, a power block generates 15k e/s, storage block holds 1M e, 1 shield regenerator builds up 500k s/s, 1 shield store holds 100k s, cannons use half the power and half the additional-group multiplier (to encourage blasters over deathstar lasers), etc.

For Star Trek, a thruster block generates 1k more thrust with 99% rotation thrust multiplier, a power block generates 5,000 e/s, storage block holds 10k e, 1 shield regenerator builds up 10k s/s, 1 shield store holds 100k s, beams and missiles use half the power and 0.9 distance to encourage phasers and torpedoes, etc.

For BSG..., For Lost In Space... For Space 1999... For Halo... etc.
    This would be really neat. I think they may already have some functionality coming to custom block configs. I know you can add custom block configs, but I haven't figured out how it works yet, or if it's even functional yet, but it does appear that this is already in the works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's already implemented and functional. There is a StarMade\customBlockConfig\ directory with a couple of files in it to show you what to do.

Reaction score
    It's already implemented and functional. There is a StarMade\customBlockConfig\ directory with a couple of files in it to show you what to do.
    I thought so. Just wanted someone to verify this. At some point I may make a tutorial for changing it, so people can easily figure it out. Once I figure it out that is.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Doesn't that just change block stats for the whole server?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Instead, per-franchise server configs need to be standardized, primarily based on the 1:1 scaled franchise blueprints available currently in Community Content.
    Doesn't that just change block stats for the whole server?
    Yes, the idea was to have servers for specific technologies. ie, a Star Trek server, a Star Wars server, a Star Gate server, etc. The blocks can then be tweaked for the specific requirements of that 'universe'.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Being able to edit the stats of an individual ship is much more flexible though, and prevents the situation of people making doom cubes out of boosted blocks. Also, many franchises do not have the same tech for everyone. For instance, a star trek server would not want the same stats for Borg and Klingon ships.