Ship shutdown

Reaction score
    Make it possible to shut down a ship.
    shut down ships don't make noise and have to be turned on again before moving/shooting
    sound effects for shutdown and turn on would be nice

Reaction score
    Or even sutting down individual systems in order to reduce power signiture. Basically you could make a large ship use less power in order to reduce the amout of energy you are radiating into space. Kinda like cloaking. or if the cloak makes you think that is unneccisary, if you could shut down specific systems (weapons computers/engines/jammers) you could redirect power to other systems giving them a boost. Though that would make each systems strength rely on the power it recieves with an upper limit to power based on the number of blocks in that system

Reaction score
    Power shunting between systems has been mentioned as a possibility by schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds like a good idea, though I could see it being a programming headache

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking something similar.
    I think disabled and scrapped ships should have a gray radar the same as astroids. Doing a shutdown would makes your ship signature the same dark gray. Play dead and be bait.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of being able to play dead by having all systems powered down. It could be a strategy for hiding a ship when a player goes offline - hollow out an asteroid, get inside it and shutdown everything.
    If power could be allocated between systems on the fly, it could open the door for new types of weapons that drain power from specific systems rather than a general, system-wide, power drain.