Ship Showcase.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What's up guys, and if you don't know me, I make some pretty good tutorials for StarMade. However, tutorials can only go so far. So, I would like to get a little bit more involved with the community with something I would like to call " Ship Showcases. "

What I plan to do is get the blueprints from people who submit them, and make a video showcasing one ship at a time, and i'll even rate your ship as well. Not only that, I'll have some of the top builders in this community, like Crusade, and Fire219 give their ratings on it as well. Perhaps you'll even be able to see their secret projects as well.

So what do you guys think about this idea? You send in a submission with your blueprint and I check it out, if it's good, I make a video about that ship, with the ratings from some of the top builders. I would say it would be an every other day thing, or even just a weekly thing, so I can stay connected with this community.

Sound good?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ships that achieve a high rating will get the \'Kytech seal of approval\'

This seal of approval means that the ship is of high quality.

Good luck!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Send me a private message, via message, not over chat, with a mediafire link or something like that to your ship\'s file.

I\'ll go from there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    If you\'re not keeping the ships after the showcase I\'m ok with that, I find it\'s a nice idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just an Idea you said, It\'s a Good Idea I Said. ~~

Reaction score
    Are you going to just do a random ship or are you going to have a theme to your builds. like the minecraft top 5 vids. I think it would be cool to have a theme like mining ship or attack cruiser.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How long will you be interested in sumbissions? Im working on 1:1 scale startrek vessels...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m going to be interested in submissions for as long as the community is interested with sending me some.

Reaction score
    Are fighters and smaller ships allowed? I know the starmade forums love their HUGE ships but I have a lot of nicely done smaller ones (under 2k mass max) with nice \'unique\' designs. Are they allowed? or are you focusing on gigantic ships for the showcase?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll accept any submissions as long as the ships are taken seriously.

I don\'t care if it\'s 150k mass, or 1k mass.

My ship is personally 57k, and my ship will have a showcase as well.

Reaction score
    I\'m currently working on my first big ship, estimated to be a bit over 5K mass

Reaction score
    Well, the original plan was for it to be a huge dreadnought, then about halfway back I looked at my reference pictures again(I was freestyling with small reference) to find that I was terribly off. I\'ll attempt to make my next an actual dreadnought

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have yet to build anything massive, but i would suggest doing more than one ship per video, kind of like the skyrim mod showcase videos on youtube, how they show several, i think you should do the same with the ships.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I can confirm that ABlackFedora knows what he\'s talking about as far as ship design, and SuicidePikle\'s avatar is amazing. I hope people decide to put in some of their better small ship blueprints as well, we need more bada** fighters and bombers!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I\'m submitting a small ship, even though it\'s a little large for a fighter/bomber.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Guys, small ship, or large ship, it doesn\'t matter and each one will be in the showcase.

Even a stealth 5k mass cruiser or a giant warship, it\'ll be awesome. Also, instead of the Kytech seal of approval, it\'ll be the Xylite seal of approval.