Ship Repairing Function

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ladies, gentlemen, and noncellular intergalactic space beings, I have thought and I have created a solution!...to...something... I think.

Ah, here it is. So, have you ever been into combat, gotten your ship completely torn up, and had to figure out what to do with its scarred hull? Most of you will say "I just scrap it, it's not worth trying to repair a ship." Well I'm here to make it worth it! What I propose is a new function of the shop block or perhaps an entirely seperate block. What it does is when you activate it (B, I guess.) It will bring up the regular shop menu, with an extra option to repair the ship you are in. Clicking on the button will result in a blueprint selection menu being displayed, and you can select the blueprint you want overlayed. It will then give you the cost of the blocks that will be changed as a result of the process, and should you click Buy or Repair or something, it will subtract the money from your credits, and overlay the blueprint you selected onto your current ship, filling any holes that may be left over.

As a result, an alternate function would be that you could select a newer version of the ship you are piloting, and it could be upgraded to the newer blueprint almost instantly. This could allow for quick turn arounds of ships in need of an upgrade, repair, or a different weapons system.

So yeah, quick easy feature that will make the lives of us players incredibly easier.

Reaction score
    I like it. I have heard many ideas on this topic but I like this one the best!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This seems like a great idea, too many times have I found myself looking at my ship after a battle and seeing a lot of damage and its time consuming to repair it all .

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The entire system should be linked to some kind of dock, and should be timegated... And, as Cal said, there's something like that already planned, so... :P