Ship Repair,Upgrade, & Sell Options

Reaction score
    No idea if its been said before, i checked a few pages back.

I'd be interested in having a full repair option for ships... The technobeam is nifty and all but... seems to only be a spot treatment on blocks that got damaged but it won't restore it back to like new.

A full repair option at shops would be pretty nifty.

For example: If you have a schematic saved for the ship and then go to a shop to get it repaired.

The shop could take a schem. of your current ship condition, and its value. It'd then compare the value of the original schem and split the difference and maybe an extra fee for repairs to restore it.

Upgrades is pretty much the same, but you could trade in your ship for a different schematic.

Or just being able to sell your current ship wholesale accomplishes this ( you'd have to rename though).

Right now if it gets too bad, i usually just scrap it with salvage lasers and its a bit time consuming when i rather be either building a new one or just fly the current one at its top condition. I don't think this would break the game too much since you still need earn the money for the parts. It wouldn't devalue salvagers either because they'd still be useful for harvesting stations, planets, and rocks, and occasionally ships if you can't fly them back

Reaction score
    i realy like these ideas as options, would greatly improve my enjoyment of the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To give my insight on this possible idea. I think having the posibility to attach a special chest on the ship (Or use the regular chest and toggle a certain option) to put parts of your ship inside and when you use the technobeam on the ship it could use the parts inside the chest to rebuild not only the damaged parts but the whole ship!

And to add to the idea perhaps having a red flashing square around the place where a block is missing to let the player know where to heal.

Reaction score
    my only issue with the placing it yourself bit is that most of my ships are in the 10-15k block range easily

:( and while minor fights i usually get out unscathed if my team is prepared, I can get caught occasionally and lose quite a bit of blocks :mad:

Tbh i\'d rather just pay a fee and get er done with since the ship is schematic\'d it shouldn\'t matter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like the OPs idea most - simple, effective, convenient and shouldn\'t affect the balance. It just takes out dull, time-consuming manual disassembling process or circling around with astrotech beam at safe location.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I’d like a shipyard module that you can only put on space stations and when u doc u basically do what op said or u have to provide items for repair and docking would work the same way with turrets and normal docking (enhancers and all that)

Reaction score
    I\'m a bit skeptical to how useful an auto repair doc could be.

Again, i use large ships that can\'t be docked and i don\'t like having an exposed core on the underside. While this would be nice for my tiny ships, it doesn\'t do much for my main ships.

Although any mechanism that takes time away from repairs and puts me back into the game i\'m grateful for.