Ship Parts Vanishing

Reaction score
    Every time I log onto the server I usually play on, portions of my ship are invisible and I can walk through it, but other players see me warping through my ship. Right now, my ship core is invisible, so I can't enter it, and I can float through the ship in its entirety.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It might just be unloaded Chunks there, try increasing the Max rendered segments?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've seen this happen, I was fighting my MAMMOTH and when the fight was over there was several chunks missing, not just not loading but missing. The weird part was some of this missing chunks contained damaged blocks but there was a clear perfectly square line so it was obvious it was an error and not combat damage.

Reaction score
    It might just be unloaded Chunks there, try increasing the Max rendered segments?
    This, and you've also got to give your ship time to render. Just keep flying near the unloaded bits, and they should load after a while.

Reaction score
    I've seen this happen, I was fighting my MAMMOTH and when the fight was over there was several chunks missing, not just not loading but missing. The weird part was some of this missing chunks contained damaged blocks but there was a clear perfectly square line so it was obvious it was an error and not combat damage.
    This does happen. The best thing to do is to wait after the battle, and then get out and manually load them. If its singleplayer, re-logging should fix this.

Reaction score
    Well i have something similar like this, but my parts are just not loading they are disappearing.
    This happens on a multiplayer server. After building a large section of my ship i had to fly to a shop to buy some stuff when i returned i noticed that some part were not loading.
    I ignored this at first, but when i logged in the next day the sections where still missing. I cleared my client cache and they were still not loading and all the other people on the server could confirm that they did not see the parts either. So they are clearly gone.
    Well now i lost about 2 hours of work and more than 100.000 blocks.
    This only seem to happen on "larger" ships. The one i am currently building is around 400 blocks long.
    Before the ships that werde under 200 blocks never had this issue.
    Any idea why this is happening, or how to prevent this?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well i have something similar like this, but my parts are just not loading they are disappearing.
    This happens on a multiplayer server. After building a large section of my ship i had to fly to a shop to buy some stuff when i returned i noticed that some part were not loading.
    I ignored this at first, but when i logged in the next day the sections where still missing. I cleared my client cache and they were still not loading and all the other people on the server could confirm that they did not see the parts either. So they are clearly gone.
    Well now i lost about 2 hours of work and more than 100.000 blocks.
    This only seem to happen on "larger" ships. The one i am currently building is around 400 blocks long.
    Before the ships that werde under 200 blocks never had this issue.
    Any idea why this is happening, or how to prevent this?
    Sounds like that might be corrupted chunks, as opposed to unloaded ones :u did this happen before of after the 0.14 update? Cause there have been many block-update related bugs after the update.

Reaction score
    The current build is bugged, blocks, segments and sometimes ships are vanishing. I'm not building anything significant for the moment, it is just too painful to repeatedly redo parts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This implies that (at least player-to-ship) collision detection is client-side and not checked server-side, which means someone with a client modded to skip such checks could phase through solid objects...

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yup, thats is quite true - 3- The Collision being Client side I mean. That being said, other people CAN still see you, so you would get your ass kicked in pvp as I have experienced (other ship didnt load for me.... invisible ship+invisible AMC shots)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The current build is bugged, blocks, segments and sometimes ships are vanishing. I'm not building anything significant for the moment, it is just too painful to repeatedly redo parts.
    Do we know if these issues have been fixed? I just got back to playing recently after taking a break for school and returned to work on a large ship in single player. I keep having chunks disappear like this as well.