Ship movement/ship design and how the movement of large ships has effectively ruined Starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Once I wrote somewhere on the forum what\'s my idea on balancing big - small ships.

Briefly the idea was to:

turn down max speed of capital ships (to about 20-30km/h) + greatly turn down turning speed of big turrets + implement FTL + new weapons (bombs/missiles; i know, they will be added)

this means:

- fighters can fight around capital ships (because they are much faster then capitals)
    - slow big turrets means the fighter wouldn\'t be destroyed by them in matter of seconds
    - FTL so flying capital ship to other sectors wouldn\'t take hours
    - bombs/missiles would give a reason for bombers to exist (harming capital ships)

Reaction score
    Some way to get control of an array of turrets would be flippen amasing for broadside runs on big ships.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    turn down max speed of capital ships (to about 20-30km/h)

I think once FTL AND sublight thrust is different, they will be slower (in sublight).

Because they sacrify one for the other, fighters whill use thrust and carriers for FTL and captials which require 20 seconds to fly a way of their own lenght will favor FTL blocks.