ship intercom's

Reaction score
    this morning i thought about orbiter and the arrow freighter Addon, and how theres an intercom in the ship. so i thought what if there was an intercom in starmade. that i can use in my cruiser! there should be an intercom computer with speaker blocks! you attach a microphone (or use the built in one on the PC if there is one) and speak into the intercom! I know it sounds a little stupid but i bet it would be cool to have something like that! Does anyone agree on me?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since this involves recording (Edit: Or streaming) audio on one machine and transferring it to another, I'd recommend this being a mod, not in the default game. But yet, it would be a cool RP thing.

Reaction score
    Since this involves recording (Edit: Or streaming) audio on one machine and transferring it to another, I'd recommend this being a mod, not in the default game. But yet, it would be a cool RP thing.
    a mod or in default game are both cool, can i ask. why do you think is better being a mod?

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    a mod or in default game are both cool, can i ask. why do you think is better being a mod?
    I think we are talking about a lot of extra bandwidth for every player on the game, even with fast, strict compression and decompression on the client sides, so I think it needs to be something that the server admin sets up special for only their server, only if their server can handle the extra bandwidth.

On the other hand, if this were to go into the default game and turned on by default, I think you'd see a lot of server admins frustrated, wondering why all their limited bandwidth gets taken up every time someone says something or streams their itunes into the game.

Another alternative: Available in the default game but turned off by default. Server admins can get into the config and make it available if their server can handle the additional load. The concept is similar to server admins increasing the size of planets when they think their server can handle the extra load.

Reaction score
    I think we are talking about a lot of extra bandwidth for every player on the game, even with fast, strict compression and decompression on the client sides, so I think it needs to be something that the server admin sets up special for only their server, only if their server can handle the extra bandwidth.

On the other hand, if this were to go into the default game and turned on by default, I think you'd see a lot of server admins frustrated, wondering why all their limited bandwidth gets taken up every time someone says something or streams their itunes into the game.

Another alternative: Available in the default game but turned off by default. Server admins can get into the config and make it available if their server can handle the additional load. The concept is similar to server admins increasing the size of planets when they think their server can handle the extra load.
    i see now, i have to say your idea with where the its turned off by default. we have unlimited bandwith due to the fact that we sold our internet company and agreed to give us free internet with unlimited bandwith. so i guess i got confused for a minuet.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh yeah, in that case, you'd have a lot of fun with the intercom!

Reactions: zebbieman