Ship indicators around docked equipment

Reaction score
    I noticed that when a core is docked using a rail and a docking clamp it always shows up with a ship indicator around it. This also extends to all cores after this one even if they are attached to rotating clamps. The turrets on the other hand do not show up.
    So what currently happens is that with the bay door design I use and the docking cranes I will get 14 markers at the bay multiple at the engine room and when the armored window shutters are done a lot around the ship. In short I probably will not be able to see my ship any more from a distance as it is covered by these markers.
    Is there a way to turn the markers off? Or is there a way to use rails in such a manner that they wont show?

Otherwise I would like to suggest a docking clamp that is permanently fixed and does not show up like this. For the items above undocking is undesired any how.

Reaction score
    There is a way to turn them off, I don't have the game in front of me to tell you exactly where atm, I'm sure someone else can assist though.

There's an option to basically hide the markers for docked entities.

Reaction score
    I don't have the game too, but if I remember correctly, you can press N to open the navigation menu and search for the filters, then uncheck docked.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, hit N to bring up your nav computer settings, uncheck the box for Docked.

Not really sure why thats on by default in the first place.