Ship Firing Railgun

Reaction score
    Like a railgun on a ship, but reverse. A railgun fires SHIPS. You dock to a station, which that specific docking part hooks you up to a railgun that fires you near light speed to the FIXED location the railgun is designated at. The railgun is mounted on a station, or maybe a special type of station. Can make it feel like you're actually traveling and just teleports you, or just disable rendering and collisons for the ship. Something like that. railgun instead of complicated warpdrive shit, haha. Stupid idea, I thought it was cool. Bring upon the judgement.

Reaction score
    A catapult system similar to modern day aircraft carriers. Would be nice to get fights up to speed faster, but they arlready do that. I don\'t like the idea of FTL speeds or teleportation is cool for personel maybe over small distances, from planet to planet, or different sections of planets/stations.

I really want Cal\'s idea for faster travel, the nether warp thing, forget what he called it. So im sticking to that, but the catapult system would be cool.

Reaction score
    As an option, a catapult type system would be advantageous for comparatively low-tech operations.

It would require only mechanical operation, but not any super advanced technology, so it could be used before other FTL methods are available to a newer faction.