Ship Design Idea's

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This thread is strictly for posting pic's of things in nature that could be transformed into a deadly or peaceful looking ship. Animals, insects, and even plants have been inspirations for many designers and engineer's/inventors.

Let's see what you guys can think of and tell us how you might convert these creatures into a ship.

I'll begin by posting these :

These creatures would be perfect for a slow but, tanky Reaper ship that would be used at the front of the armada to soak up damage. It's shell is considerably thick with a soft under belly and used often in raiding parties to transport pirates onto planets and stations.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    nature aye?

Hmmm. Well, what if I skipped the nature part? xD
    How about a Triple Hull design, like a main hull with 2 small hulls connected to it, and it is made like one of those luxurious yachts the .1% have.

(One quick google search later)

Something like that guys, but more of a structure on the sides. Would be cool me thinks. Then again, I just really like the Algos from EVE, the submarine/floatplane/carrier design to it was awesome.

EDIT: Oh, My bad, rereading the first post actually says strictly nature...

Umm
    How about Mites? National Geographic recently did an issue on them.

Reaction score
    Images I used for the last piece I did was this

\

Micrathena Spider *Apologies to anyone squeamish over these*

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    One thing I would like to point out in the previous images is the legs; they look like a ribcage. A structure shaped like those legs can be used to house drones or fighters, and can act as a bare-bone / skeleton carrier.