ship deleted from catalog

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    HI there, I had just finished building a new ship, which took some considerable time and effort to construct. sadly i was attacked by pirate ships (annoying using THE SAME ship i had just finished) so i was killed and the ship lost. I thought nothing of it as i had saved it to my catalog, but on loading in the ship an error message came up and it despawned the ship, i tried to get the ship back from the catalogue and it wasnt there! checked all 3 options, quit and looked in the tools folder and it was gone! now, im only using a crappy laptop to play which does cause issues but ive built bigger ships and nothing like this has happened. needless to say i shall not be playing again

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Unfortunatly this seems to be a common bug with the recent versions of the game, I\'m not sure what versions exactly suffer from this bug. It comes up with an error saying the blueprint cost has been modified or something and it deletes the ship you spawned and the blueprint itself. Unless you have a backup I don\'t think the ship can be recovered.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I experinced the same issue, thankkfully i had backups on backups.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Changing the server.cfg line \"remove_modded_blueprints\" to false will prevent the modified blueprint from being deleted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I\'ve had this happen a few times myself.

There\'s something strange going on when you can spawn the same blueprint, then save it again to the blueprints with a new name, then log off and log back on again, save the same ship again with another different filename. Go back and look at the blueprints you saved of identical ships and they all have a different price. Repeating this process will result in a random price for the blueprint each time. Even flying to another sector and then saving the ship to blueprints with a new filename will sometimes result in a different price without needing to relog to the game.

Going back the other way when you buy them back, some will spawn fine for the price listed and others bring up the error and delete the blueprint.

As suggested, it\'s best to disable the setting in the server.cfg until the bug is fixed.

Reaction score
    OK resntly i had updated my starmade no big deal right well i come back on and what ya know ALL of my ships are got from cataloge so i go and check to logs and the files are all still there so i try to use the back ups NO it dont work so idk if im doing somthing wrong but i need emediate help on how to fix