Ship Cosmetics

Reaction score
    It would be nice if we could use paint on our ship to change the appearance of it. I know that we can use factories to turn one colour hull block into another colour, but I'm thinking about being able to paint over the textures of non-hull blocks, like AMCs or engines. This would be great for fighter pilots, or cloaker pilots, who want to keep their ship small, but have it still look good.

Also, as a side note, when entering Build-mode, your ship flashes white for a really long time, and it's annoying to have to wait for it to stop. Do you think it's possible to add a toggle for that, or have it stop when you start building onto the ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Honestly, i like the idea of hiding some of this stuff, but then ask yourself, wheres the realism in that? or the fun... if i could disguise everything i wouldnt even use a hull block... id just make every outter block a shield dispenser and be like, hey, try and fight my only-hull ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You almost answered your own question. Most combat ships, tanks, planes, weapons, etc. are camoflagued. Therefore, doing this would be adding a great amount of realism. And if you were to not use hull blocks, then those painted blocks don\'t take as much damage as a hull block would, so it evens out. :)

Though, currently hulls suck, and shields are much stronger, making many lean towards ships that can sometimes not be pleasing but strong.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Use colored hull blocks.

Other blocks aren\'t meant to be \'painted over\' or anything of the sort. If your ship has an industrial look to it because of exposed hardware and you don\'t like it, cover it up with the hull blocks of your preferred choice.

Also, as a side note, when entering Build-mode, your ship flashes white for a really long time, and it\'s annoying to have to wait for it to stop. Do you think it\'s possible to add a toggle for that, or have it stop when you start building onto the ship?

I agree. This is a great suggestion.