Ship Core Placement

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm pretty sure players that love building new ships are going to agree with me...

I have found troubling with the Ship Core having to be the first thing to be placed in order to be allowed to build the ship, as well as having to be the last thing to be deleted.

I think that being able to move the Ship Core block around should be implemented.

It'd be great if we could just put the Ship Core, start building as we want, like the tail first, or the wings, or whatever, and then be able to move the Ship Core to the best place in the ship.

If we build something, we finish, and then we realize that the Ship Core is not symmetric, and we need to move it one block to the left, that would destroy our heads. Having to dismantle the whole thing, and start all over again.

Reaction score
    Good idea, i was thinking that the core and other components should have some kind of overheating system so it stops you from filling your ship up with shield dispersers and weapons etc.

I think this would add another challenge to the game and make it more interesting.

Some feedback would be useful.

Reaction score
    I agree with this especially since I am new to starmade and my first ship project is going great yet my core is in a not so great spot for me. Being able to move the core is a must tbh and my fingers are crossed that it gets implemented asap.

Reaction score
    I agree you should be able to move the core, I\'ve build a massive dream ship and the core is in the front, and damaged by pirates. It\'s not not good to have the core in the front when you have a battle ship, so i sayed i\'ll just look it up at the internet, i\'m chocked that this isn\'t allready implemented!!

(sorry it can be some misspellings)

/Lajan

Code:

Reaction score
    I\'d love to be able to move the ships core. Could be like, you cannot enter flight mode unless your ship core is placed and if you remove it it it is the only thing you can place before anything else.

???

Reaction score
    NO can you imagine people placing these blocks on planets and flying around with their ship as there home planet

Reaction score
    @random Japanese characters: I believe the OP is saying that after you place your ship core like we regularly do you can move it as though it were another block in the ship.

To prevent abuse of moving the ship core to repair it mid-battle, there should be some sort of ship reboot for like 30 seconds where it won\'t be capable of doing anything nor can anything attached to the ship.

Reaction score
    Not being able to move, or at the very least reorient the ship core has caused me frustration in many ships I build, and I wouldn\'t be surprised if this problem has occured to other people. Building an entire ship and finding out it flies sideways is not fun, usually after having reoriented something else like a wedge does this occur to me. Also, as I\'m sure many people build their ships from the front back, sometimes you realise you want your core in a more protected place besides having it act as a cockpit in the front behind a bunch of glass.

As for the mid-battle movement, perhaps simply it should not be moveable near an enemy ship or while your weapons still have existing projectiles existing/ shields are not full. Alternatively, perhaps only moveable near a shop? Just an idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m not even going to count how many new threads saying this exact same thing pop up every single day.

It\'d become far more interesting to go and add to the already ongoing discussions concerning the topic, this way it\'s not back to square one every time and the idea doesn\'t get buried within the hour.

I\'d sometime love to move the core around, but if you just pay attention when building, especially when you start, then there\'s usually no problem.

Reaction score
    That\'s true, but with your logic, all blocks shouldn\'t be able to picked up once hand-placed. I mean, no problem as long you pay attention and build carefully, right?

In all seriousness, the core should be moveable. If you delete it in build mode, exiting build mode without replacing the core will cause the core to just be replaced. Also add a cooldown so the core can\'t be moved within 5 minutes of combat, to prevent abuse. There, all problems solved. Can\'t put a core on a planet (still need to use x), can still move the core without abusing the mechanic, and... well, that\'s the only two arguments I ever see, actually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it\'d still move with your ship, and you still need to enter through core, so that\'d just make you more vulnerable

Reaction score
    That would be impossible, as you can\'t place blocks on anything but your ship in build mode.